Working in collaboration with the Quality Manager, the Quality Supervisor will assist in the development, implementation, and enforcement of quality standards, product returns, policies, procedures and programs to ensure safe and compliant conditions for the manufacture, and packaging of cannabis and cannabis containing products at the California location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare product or service reports by collecting and analyzing finished products returns.
- Review and investigation of product returns, determining the cause of the problem; following up to ensure resolution.
- Review equipment calibration, validation, and maintenance records to ensure they are performed correctly and on time.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to the quality of product and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
- Oversee detailed inspections of components and completed assemblies at various phases of production and throughout the manufacturing processes.
- Perform quality testing.
- Prepare and maintain Quality records for review of completeness and accuracy to meet both internal and external expectations.
- Document nonconforming material; clearly and accurately.
- Assist with the actual labor and manufacturing of projects as time permits/as needed.
- Communicate to all individuals effectively.
- Participate in team meetings as required (safety, problem solving, etc.).
- Participate in process improvement teams and/or completes relative documentation when required.
- Assist in the continuous growth of the Quality Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility - This position supervises the production personnel and may indirectly supervise sanitation teams and performance.
Work Environment - This job operates in a professional facility environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and a large portion of the work will be performed in the plant where the noise may be loud.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work - Must be available to work on-site during the "core" work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Some overtime and weekend hours expected.
Travel - No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience in Quality Lead role
- MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Customer Service
- High School diploma or higher education
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
There is no visa or sponsorship. Must successfully complete and pass background screen.