The quality assurance manager ensures compliance with all good manufacturing procedures, works with key personnel in the facility on quality assurance issues, responsible for ensuring compliance of all regulatory requirements, product quality, micro testing, formula integrity, allergen control program, HACCP, GMP program, hold and release program, and self-inspection program. Employees in this role will be in constant leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform FOH/BOH staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
· B.S. in Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Nutrition, Food Science or other related technical degree.
· 3-5 years of experience in the food industry
· Experience in a SQF facility a plus
· Have the ability to motivate and build a team.
· Have good communication skills both written and orally.
· Computer literacy; knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required.
· Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
· Be responsible for establishing and implementing the training needs of the facilities personnel including the GMP, HACCP, Allergen, and training programs ensuring they have the required competencies to carry out the functions affecting product legality, safety and quality.
· Be responsible for the ingredient specification program, supplier vendor program, regulatory 3rd party audit program, labeling program, pre/post inspection program, verification and validation program, retain sample program and code date adherence program.
· Facility SQF Practitioner and SQF training team leader.
· Conduct audits of vendor facilities and product ingredients.
· Conduct management training regarding FSQ requirements to ensure compliance.
· Reviews reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and corrective actions to resolve deficiencies; ensure appropriate actions are taken on a timely basis.
· Audit “Good Manufacturing Process” training and compliance for the facility.
· Oversee that FDA/Medina and standard requirements are documented to maintain compliance.
· Ensure regularly audits of sanitation requirements are maintained in all areas of the facility.
· Be able to work well under pressure
· Be a team player and work well with other members of the company
· Passing and improving audit results related to Food Safety Quality.
· Achievement of corporate objectives for corporate policies and goals.
· Consistently set expectations and hold subordinates accountable to key duties and standards.
· Ensure all FSQ required standards are followed and verify documentation compliance
· While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such as telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the restaurant and kitchen before, during and after meals to service patrons and supervise FOH/BOH staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information. Stands for long periods of time and must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.