The Operations Manager will assist the General Manager in directing and coordinating activities for internal operational departments in our San Francisco Inflight Catering facility.
- Manage food, transportation, customer service, equipment, sanitation, warehousing, and maintenance departments.
- Develop and direct procedures and methods to ensure that quality standards are met and maintained.
- Manage the operational budget
- Provide direction and management to the operations department in the absence of the General Manager.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred; Associate's degree (A. A.) from two-year College or technical school;
- High school diploma or equivalent with 10 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Manufacturing experience and/or Food Processing industry a plus
- A minimum of 4-5 years broad-based Operations Management
- Working knowledge of HACCP and FDA compliance
- Candidate bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
- Financial management and Leadership skills
- Effective employee relations skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to solve quality related problems
- Ability to deal with a variety of compliance situations and continuous improvement.
- Know and follow all safety requirements; strives to maintain a safe work environment.
- Must be able to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays
Physical demands: While performing duties of the job, the incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.