divvyDOSE is a new kind of home-delivery pharmacy in a hyper-growth phase focused on adherence packaging and improving the quality of life for our customers through innovative design and compassionate customer service. Were looking for top-tier talent to support our mission.
Our company is professional but fun, dedicated yet quirky. We are fast-paced, highly-motivated doctors, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and support staff who focus on health and wellness (and if were being honest, sometimes pizza) and most of us have slight obsessions with our pets. We want to make a difference in the lives of our customers by treating them like friends and family. We offer a work-hard, play-hard environment with competitive pay and comprehensive benefit plan.
Our vision is to fix and reimagine healthcare for everyone. Our mission is to engage customers by fixing all the problems around getting and taking their medications. We've taken the first step by simplifying adherence.
Were now part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, backed by the resources of a global health organization working to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone. Are you looking for a way to create next-level results with a human-level approach? Then look at opportunities with divvyDOSE, where changing the world is just one result of doing your lifes best work.(SM)The Role
We are very excited to provide an opportunity for pharmacy students to participate in a wide array of pharmacy related functions in our downtown Iowa City location (E Washington St. // Ped Mall). Various roles could include:
- Intake of new customers and transferring prescriptions into divvyDOSE - provides practical experience by performing an important step in the on-boarding of a new customer with the goal of obtaining a complete medication profile
- Medication Therapy Management (MTM) - assess medication therapies to identify medication-related problems. Assessments can be comprehensive (CMR - complete medication review) or targeted (TIP) to an actual or potential medication problem.
- Adjudication - will provide the student with real world assistance in the process of adjudication of prescriptions along with the investigation and resolution of third party insurance claim rejections.
- Data Entry - work alongside a pharmacy technician providing experience with typical regimens for a variety of disease states where the typical patient we serve is on 6 or more chronic medications
- Observe and interact with a staff pharmacist - will provide the student experience in the real world with real patients and real pharmacists
- Review medication lists for drug-drug interactions, drug-disease interactions, and possible adherence based medication issues from a mail order setting
- Discuss pharmacy news and topics and its impact on patient care moving forward
Students will interact with other healthcare professionals including but not exclusive to nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, physicians, physician assistants and pharmacy technicians.
Job Title: Student Pharmacist
Job Type: Part-time (ideally 15 hours weekly - Monday through Saturday - but we do recognize that there will need to be flexibility)
The ideal candidate HAS:
- Strong phone and customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of top 200 drugs (including pronunciation) and SIG codes
- Ability to solve problems and communicate issues clearly
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy while representing a bias for action
The ideal candidate IS:
- A cultural add (not a 'fit') and excels in a fast-paced, dynamic, rapidly changing organization.
- Passionate about identifying solutions for people to have healthier and happier lives through and better pharmacy experience
- Dedicated to excellence and quality
- Flexible and proactive to meet varied customer needs
- Required: Currently enrolled in a full-time Pharmacy program
- Requirements are to be registered and in good standing with the Iowa Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacist-Intern.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screening and background check.
- Reliable transportation to work.
- Can play the accordion. Just kidding, thats optional.
We offer flexible hours to fit in with busy college life.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing, national pharmacy while working alongside other healthcare professionals. Of course, divvyDOSE will work with students who are looking to continue employment post-graduation.
The divvyTEAM likes to have fun.
Regular potlucks, company events, pizza days, wellness challenges, and divvyNEWS You Can Use updates maintain our work-hard play-hard culture.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Employment with divvyDOSE is AT WILL, and can be terminated at any time, for any reason, by either party.