divvyDOSE Moline, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking a candidate with a desire to use their clinical pharmacy expertise to advance the operations of a hyper-growth startup company. Pharmacists at divvyDOSE are responsible for being exceptional in all things pharmacy. Our expectation is that our pharmacists are the model of professionalism and have a sense of urgency in their work. The better and faster we go (along with never sacrificing on quality), the more people we can positively impact through our service.
The Pharmacist will be active and involved in every step of dispensing medications and verifying divvyPACKS. This individual will be responsible for the proper dispensing of all medications filled at divvyDOSE to ensure the correct and safe supply of medications are delivered to the general public. They must also adhere to all company policies and procedures and provide clinical consults to patients and other healthcare professionals.
divvyDOSE is a new kind of home-delivery pharmacy in a hyper-growth phase focused on adherence packaging.
Our company is professional but fun, dedicated yet quirky. We are fast-paced, highly-motivated doctors, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and support staff who focus on health and wellness (and if were being honest, sometimes pizza) and most of us have slight obsessions with our pets. We want to make a difference in the lives of our customers by treating them like friends and family. We offer a work-hard, play-hard environment with competitive pay and comprehensive benefit plan.
Our vision is to fix and reimagine healthcare for everyone. Our mission is to engage customers by fixing all the problems around getting and taking their medications. We've taken the first step by simplifying adherence.Were now part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, backed by the resources of a global health organization working to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone. Are you looking for a way to create next-level results with a human-level approach? Then look at opportunities with divvyDOSE, where changing the world is just one result of doing your lifes best work. (SM)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review prescriptions to ensure accuracy and to evaluate their appropriateness of selection, dosing, and administration of medication orders.
- Perform DURs of patient profiles to identify, prevent, and resolve potential and actual drug-related problems as a pre-check before packs are made.
- Recommend alternative therapy when appropriate.
- Ensure medication packaging is complete and accurate.
- Verify any additional medications filled as extras to be complete and accurate.
- Answer phone calls from doctors offices for new prescriptions and transfers.
- Provide drug information and education to medical staff and patients regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate the quality and effectiveness of drugs and drug regimens.
- Ensure all legal, privacy and compliance requirements are met at all times.
- Plan, implement, and maintain procedures for packaging and labeling pharmaceuticals according to policy and legal requirements to ensure quality, security, and proper disposal.
- Other duties as assigned.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong computer and typing skills are required.
- Thrive in a fast and metric-driven environment that changes often.
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to solve problems and communicate issues clearly.
- Flexible and proactive to meet varied patient needs.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Dedicated to excellence and quality.
- Passion to help people and enrich their lives.
- Must hold a current Pharmacist license in the state of Illinois at the time of application.
- Pharmacists holding any additional licenses in other states preferred.
- Doctorate in Pharmacy (PharmD) preferred.Pharmacists holding any additional licenses in other states preferred.
- Must be willing to obtain pharmacist license in another state as directed by the company.
- Stand for long periods.
- Pick and pinch small tablets with fingers, and seize, hold, grasp or turn objects with hands.
- Perceive the size, shape, temperature, or texture of objects by touching with fingertips.
- Lift and push or pull up to 10 pounds.
- See objects at close vision and be able to identify and distinguish colors.
- Pass a drug test.
- Ability to use multiple software programs to fulfill medication orders (QS1, Docutrack) and/or experience working with a TCGRx machine.
- Can play the accordion. Just kidding, thats optional.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Employment with divvyDOSE is AT WILL, and can be terminated at any time, for any reason, by either party.
In addition to competitive salary and a unique opportunity to thrive at a growing company, divvyDOSE offers various formal benefits as well.
INSURANCE, PAID TIME OFF, & RETIREMENT
Full-time employees receive Sick days, Vacation days, and Holiday Pay as well as employer-paid Medical (including a Health Savings Account with an employer contribution), Dental, and Vision insurance. In addition, we're proud to offer Voluntary Life & AD&D, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability coverage. A 401k plan with employer contribution is available, too.
divvyDOSE has partnered with outside vendors to offer a leadership development series for both current management and potential leaders on the team. In addition, for employees new to pharmacy, the company offers in-house preparation to test for National Certification as a pharmacy technician. With a rapidly-growing startup, the opportunities for advancement are numerous.
In our company description, you can tell the divvyTEAM likes to have fun. Regular potlucks, company events, pizza days, wellness challenges, and divvyNEWS You Can Use updates maintain our work-hard play-hard culture.