Software Safety Engineer: BGQ-2104
deciBel Research, Inc. Huntsville, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
deciBel Research, Inc. is seeking a Software Safety Engineer in Huntsville, AL.
deciBel Research, Inc. is seeking a Software Safety that will perform risk analyses, and hazard analyses on integrated systems forming part of advanced weapons systems for the DoD. They will be responsible for oversight of a portfolio of engineering developments and will provide assurance of engineering activities. They will support design engineers to build evidence-based safety cases for their products and will assure compliance to hardware and software engineering processes for safety critical and safety related systems.
- Development of software safety targets and software safety requirements
- Execute hazard analyses required to support identification of software safety requirements in accordance with business standards and program / product objectives.
- Development of specific application, generic application, and generic product safety cases.
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated to internal and external customers
- Co-ordinate the timely production of the necessary design safety documentation, especially the relevant safety cases and related documentation for approval milestones.
- Conduct/facilitate PHA, FMEA, Fault Tree Analysis and other safety studies with Engineering groups.
- Develop and maintain Hazard Tracking Log.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field. A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is desired.
This position requires 5+ years of applicable experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Desire to operate as a software safety engineer (engineer with software safety and assurance responsibilities), across complex, large scale systems.
- Exposure with software safety engineering.
- Familiarity with design, test and analysis tools and systems.
- Familiarity with Hazard Analysis per MIL STD 882E.
Applicant selected must possess an active security clearance. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro