- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary of Duties:
Performs a variety of routine and some non-routine clerical/accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll support.
Generates invoices and documents payments. Reconciles bank accounts, posts information and reconciles general or subsidiary ledgers, and compiles segments of monthly closings, annual reports, etc. Responsible for clerical tasks pertaining to the complete payroll function.
· Prints and distributes invoices for customers and account representatives; analyzes progress billing invoices and adjusts amounts being billed by order to the contract specifications.
· Receives customer’s checks from dataCon’s lock box and agrees payments to accounts receivables, aging reconciling any differences; calls customers to collect overdue invoices.
· Analyzes and resolves accounts receivable problems by working with customers and internal departments; provides credit reports to management when requested.
· Posting journal entries, vouchers, compiling, making distributions and posting labor, overhead, and related functions to summaries and subsidiary control records for month end close.
· Discerns and corrects errors in the material being handled, chiefly with regard to the proper accounts, coding, and compliance with established rules.
· Maintains fixed asset reporting system.
· Generates weekly check run. Manually types checks for special payments.
· ADP system; distributes checks to employees; maintains various payroll, accounts payable and supplier files.
· Administers petty cash function.
· Reports and transmits weekly 401k contributions.
· May provide backup to other finance employees
· Participates in TQM initiatives in conducting daily tasks.
· Responsible for own safety following company and OSHA safety guidelines.
Level and Complexity:
Works on assignments that are semi routine in nature. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments. Must understand company organization and departmental structure.
A.A. degree or equivalent experience. Two plus years previous experience in an accounting department. Good written and oral communication skills and analytical problem solving required.
Read, write and understand English. Attention to detail. Basic math skills. Able to use keyboard and video display terminal.
This description is a summary of job activities. Other duties may be assigned from time to time as necessary.
dataCon, IncWhy Work Here?
Awesome employees and room to grow!
10 Elizabath Dr ChelmsfordBillerica, MA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at dataCon, Inc