Information Systems Manager
- Expired: December 02, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
DEPARTMENT: Information Systems
REPORTS TO: VP Integration
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
WORK HOURS: Monday Friday business hours and occasional after-hours + weekends depending on project schedules with flexibility for travel
Cybertrol Engineering creates and delivers custom-engineered automation hardware and software solutions to manufacturing customers throughout the upper Midwest and across the world. The firm is privately owned, headquartered in Minneapolis, and has additional offices in Madison and Marshfield, WI. There is a very strong engineering culture that emphasizes both personal and professional growth along with a commitment to provide high-quality solutions, including: plant-wide automation, information and industrial IT infrastructure, custom control panel design and fabrication, and upgrades of obsolete automation systems. This role is in the Integration department, which has teams responsible for project delivery of industrial automation code, functional descriptions and documentation, manufacturing intelligence solutions, industrial IT (Operational Technology), and 24/7 support.
The Information Systems (IS) Manager is a functional manager within the Cybertrol matrixed organization. The IS Manager supervises a team of Manufacturing Intelligence (MI) and industrial IT engineers who are working on a variety of projects throughout multiple industries. In addition to management activities, including performance management, the successful person in this role will be a leader in many areas, including continuous improvement, standards, and good engineering practice. The IS Manager will participate in the development of internal processes, methods, and tools, for the quality delivery of each project. There will be significant collaboration with peer managers, as well as with the other major departments within Cybertrol.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate in the Integration Department leadership team.
- Perform performance management for her/his direct team, including growth and development.
- Ensure team continuity while also developing and maintaining a positive team culture.
- Perform employee recruiting, both directly for his/her direct team, and in support of the Department.
- Align personal and teams goals with the companys strategic goals.
- Collaborate cross-functionally within the Integration Department, with Sales and Marketing and Operations, as well as with Cybertrols industry-specific project delivery teams.
- Develop and establish internal processes and procedures and tools for the efficient, quality delivery of solutions to the customer.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities in partnership with quality assurance and peer functional managers.
- Participate in strategic planning and execution.
- Stay on top of industry trends, especially with respect to technology to anticipate and to develop his/her teams skills to be responsive to industry shifts.
- Participate in customer discussions as appropriate.
- Manage budgets and resources for her/his department.
- B.S. in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical), Computer Science, or a related engineering field.
- 7+ years of experience in manufacturing, industrial automation controls (PLC/HMI), information systems (MES, MIS, etc.), systems engineering, Industrial IT (Operational Technology), or project management, and/or a combination of these skill areas or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of prior direct management experience.
- Experience with COTS manufacturing intelligence, data integration, and workflow products; MES solutions; DevOps, CI/CD; cloud-based tools (AWS, Azure, etc.); reporting and analytics development.
- Experience in industrial infrastructure, including networking, cybersecurity, and application delivery.
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to forge positive working relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Growth mindset.
- Lean Six-Sigma training and/or certifications.
- Direct experience in Operational Technology (OT) / Industrial IT.
- Exposure to different project management methods, including Agile Scrum.
- Understanding of functional safety requirements and past implementation of safety systems.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Cybertrols facilities: Office desk/cubicle environment. Extensive computer use.
- 10% Travel:
- Travel to industrial manufacturing facilities.
- Interfacing with operations, engineering, equipment supply, and construction personnel.
- Typical Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) Required for visits: Safety Glasses, Steel Toed shoes, hearing protection, and electrical safety PPE.
- Employees must comply with customer specific safety requirements and PPE.
TechnologyView all jobs at cybertrol engineering