LAB TECHNICIAN (look below for the Lab Supervisor)
Overview Responsibilities will include reviewing and updating the lab quality control processes, reviewing and analyzing the results of tests to improve quality level, working with internal and external customers and vendors to resolve problems. Will work as part of a team to bring on a new production line and will play a key role in maintaining that production line after the initial project is complete. Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Proficiency with laboratory software, utilization and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation (i.e. ICP/MS, Graphite Furnace, Anion and Cation)
· Review laboratory testing methodology and recommend improvements.
· Oversees the implementation and administration of quality programs within a lab environment; operates under general supervision, and receives direction on topics and issues.
· Recommends programs to ensure quality products and services, such as laboratory or manufacturing operational procedures, working with functional groups to implement quality initiatives or changes, and ensuring overall efficiency.
· Works with suppliers, customers or internal departments to review material or product specifications, resolve product or operational quality problems, and addresses questions and concerns.
· Reviews a variety of reports to examine compliance, audit operations, results of documentation, ensure operational efficiency and quality, and demonstrate compliance with internal and external quality standards.
· Reviews and updates new materials or formulas based on operational and customer problems and suggestions, plant environment, and works with appropriate personnel to approve and implement changes.
· Ensures compliance with department/company policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
· Coordinates quality matters with other departments and locations, including senior management.
· Research new laboratory instruments and coordinate the installation and incorporation into production.
· Ability to respond quickly and prioritize activities to meet a changing production schedule.
· Responsible for training laboratory technicians on laboratory equipment for analysis and on Quality Systems.
· Work closely with and support other engineers within department to improve operations.
· Performs other duties as assigned. Education, Experience and Certifications
· Associates degree in Chemistry or related science or equivalent.
· Three (3+) plus years of experience working in a laboratory within a manufacturing industry. We offer an outstanding benefits package which includes: 89% employer paid medical (employee and family), 80% employer paid dental (employee and family), vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance and a matching 401k plan. Ten vacation days, five sick days, and sixteen paid holidays annually. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
The Laboratory Supervisor will supervise laboratory operations and personnel to assure quality control
of all samples. Plan and implement control of laboratory building, supplies and instrumentation for
continuous operations. Be vigilant of any issues and conditions that can affect their department. Report
any issues that can impact the environment or safety of the employees.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinates Laboratory Procedures:
Planning and establishing schedules and following-up against estimates
Enforcing all Laboratory procedures and answering Staff questions about policies and
Communicating with other departments and production Staff about procedures to assure
the Laboratory of new products
Investigating Laboratory claims and problems
Make recommendations to Management for changes to Laboratory procedures as
Coordinate laboratory operations based on shipment priorities and customer’s
Responsible for the preservation of the analytical equipment and facility to operational
conditions at all times
Analyze equipment data and ensure that all data generated from the laboratory maintain
Analyze cost control and statistical data
Review technical problems and recommending solutions to problems and changes in
Prepare reports for management about Laboratory information and recommendations as
Provide direction and delegating responsibilities to subordinate staff
Evaluate work performed by staff train staff when necessary
Provide subordinate staff with regular feedback
Conduct performance appraisals, coaching council, disciplinary documents, etc.
Train staff to improve operation accuracy and efficiency.
Education - Associates degree in Chemistry or related science or equivalent.
Must be able to motivate personnel as well as have the managerial and communication skills to
ensure proper procedures are being followed as required.
Must be able to schedule personnel and maintain performance records as required
Experience - three years of experience in analytical laboratory testing and supervising of others.
A minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisor role.
Ability to work 2nd shift
Please provide a list of instrumentation experience in your email.
We offer an outstanding benefits package which includes: 89% employer paid medical, 80% employer
paid dental, vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance and a matching 401k plan. Ten vacation days, five sick
days, and sixteen paid holidays annually.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion,a