Assistant Manager, Site Merchandising, US, Luxury (philosophy.com)
Reporting to: Manager, Site Merchandising, US, Luxury (philosophy.com)
Our purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. We challenge convention through invention, expanding our horizons to enrich your reality with possibility. We build brands to inspire and enable our consumers to experience the confidence and joy of expressing their beauty, their way.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Manager, Site Merchandising will support the daily operations of the philosophy brand for the ecommerce channel. They will be responsible for delivering a best-in-class customer experience across all devices to convert and educate consumers. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Ecommerce.
- Own the day-to-day activities related to the eCommerce site and customer experience including content setup & scheduling, merchandising, search etc.
- Manage and update key tracking documents, including promotion and site calendar making sure all cross functional team members are aligned with email to site experience
- Manage the QA process as it relates to site standards
- Own all new product launches on site (content plan and phasing, search updates, merchandising within categories etc.)
- Gather competitive intelligence and perform monthly and ad hoc site experience analysis, identifying opportunities to enhance customer experience, facilitate navigation and drive conversion
- Assist Senior Manager in the project management of long-term strategic projects for eCommerce including but not limited to site enhancements & innovation, A/B testing, SEO updates etc.
- Own the creative briefing process with Copy & Design teams and the relationship with our content management vendor- finding new and exciting ways to use content on site
- 2-3 years' experience required with at least 2 years in eCommerce
- Bachelor's degree required
- Candidate preferably brings experience in retail or with a beauty products company
- Proficient in MS Windows (word, outlook, powerpoint, excel)
- Team player with excellent project management skills together with the ability to work across functional areas (sales, marketing, operations, creative, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-reliant and ability to work in creative, unstructured environment
- Comfortable working with systems
- CommerceCloud/Demandware experience is preferred.