ACCOUNTING ANALYST / STAFF ACCOUNTANT
We are a $50MM privately-held, for-profit payroll and human resource outsourcing company, and, we are still growing! Serving the great Southwest United States for over 50 years. Come grow with us. It takes a special go-getter to make our team. If you think you have what it takes, can work independently without having someone to look over your shoulder, we are interested in what you have to say. A great place to work if you have great training and lead-by-example management skills. Help us get to the next level and you too can advance!
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting. Master’s Degree or CPA certification a plus;
- 3-5 years’ experience performing financial analysis for a Private/for profit Corporation plus 1-3 years’ public accounting experience; (5-7 total years in professional accounting);
- Knowledge of higher-level accounting software. Knowledge of Great Plains, Avionte / Darwin a plus;
- Advanced user of Excel to include V-lookups / Pivot tables;
- Supervisory / Leadership / Training skills essential for advancement.
Specific Duties / Essential functions:
- Support the period end (month, quarter, annual) close and reporting process (financial statement reconciliation, system roll-forward preparation and review;
- Complete month-end close entries and activities related to sales, sales forecasts, sales analysis and selling expenses;
- Maintain charts of accounts – three different companies;
- General ledger functions such as prepare and post journal entries, account analysis, financial reporting and account reconciliations;
- Reconcile AR and AP sub ledgers to General Ledger;
- Assist in reconciliation of cash accounts;
- Analyze monthly departmental expense statements to explain variances to budget. Initiate process improvement strategies;
- Prepare monthly Liability account analysis to determine Over / Under accrual and propose corrective actions;
- Responsible for monthly analysis of the field sales performance and overall company selling expense performance including sales management and sales support functions;
- Cross train with other team members in various accounting functions and provide back up support for large payroll department. Prepare various payroll reports as required;
- Perform internal control review and documentation of various financial processes;
- Performs other projects of miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned;
Skills / Essential Requirements:
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting principles; Internal controls; Willing and able to work with / train others within accounting department;
- We are a customer service business. Must be client customer friendly and focused with strong attention to detail. Passionate about ensuring that customers are happy and has a genuine concern for their needs;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness;
- Analytical mindset and problem solver / Intellectual curiosity. Must possess strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills;
- Ability to research and handle complex analysis. Ability to utilize independent judgement in establishing the accuracy and reasonableness of information;
- Ability to work cordially with people of different backgrounds / ages in the organization. Ability to share knowledge and information at different levels of the organization;
- Strong communication and teamwork skills. Proven ability to successfully resolve and manage conflict. Solutions-oriented, passionately persistent and proactively pursues solutions;
- Ability to learn (fast) and become proficient in company and industry specific software;
For additional information or a personal meeting, please contact our corporate recruiter, Connie Cassatt at 915-532-9400. We are anxious to hire!
Why Work Here?
See Job Description
El Paso, TX