MUST HAVE: CWA (Communication worker of America) Card
Low Voltage Installer
We are currently hiring a structured cabling lead technician with 3+ years of structured cabling experience in the field with structured cabling projects in a commercial environment. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as we have an immediate need in the New York City area.
Low Voltage Installer Duties:
- Pulling and routing CAT 5 or CAT 6 cable in a new construction commercial environment.
- Managed technician teams to complete installation work
- Coordinate with client to assure timely completion of work
- Terminating phone jacks and dressing and terminating distribution frames (66 or 110 blocks, patch panels)
- Installing support structures (ladders, racks, j-hooks)
- Familiarity with BICSI, EIA, TIA, or NEC Standards
- OSHA 30 Certified
- Previously operated as foreman/lead technician on network installation projects
- Experience managing 3 or more technicians on new installation projects
- Capable of performing site surveys, reading blueprints, and managing hours and inventory
- Troubleshooting networking issues
- OSHA 10-hour Certification
- Rack and stack work, closet work, putting together server racks, patch panels
- Fiber experience including Anaerobic Terminations, SC and LC Connectors, and Splicing
- Ability to read and understand schematic and line diagrams
- Your own basic telecom tools including punch downs, snips, wire strippers, cordless drill, PPE (safety gear), etc.
- Must consent to a pre-employment background and drug screen