The mission of the Product Marketing team is to win the hearts and minds of Product Owners and Developers to drive our ‘Try It, Love It, Buy It' philosophy. In Product Marketing, you'll be instrumental in building a professional and trustworthy image for the Live Engagement Platform as a Service. You'll get varied exposure, including meeting with customers online and offline, creating product campaigns and designing product webpages, evaluating market opportunities and providing product proposals, designing product solutions material, helping set up tradeshows, providing internal product knowledge training, and more. You will also be a partner to our Sales/BD, Engineering, Marketing, Product, and Global Developer Experience teams, ensuring the company meets its goals.
- Be part of the main driving force of the Go-To-Market (GTM) process. Help guide product quality and success from conception to post-sales. Be an internal champion by solving problems, rallying cross-functional teams, and leading global projects.
- Conduct frequent interactions with Engineering, Product Management, Project Management, Marketing, Developer Relations, Sales, and other teams to stay up to date on company initiatives, and coach team members on following the GTM process.
- Create internally facing market research and product requirement documents. Create externally facing product marketing materials, including product webpages, competitor battle cards, product test reports, technical whitepapers, solution diagrams, promotional videos, tradeshow materials, developer community content (limited), product demos, website content, educational videos, etc.
- Organize and create internal and external (limited) product knowledge training materials. Assist with company content creation.
- Perform market analyses and write market trend reports.
- Participate in and assist with company tradeshows.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
Required Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- 8-10 years of overall work experience in a Product Marketing role in technology is required. Some software engineering or hands-on coding experience background is highly preferred.
- API and/or SDK product marketing background in a B2B environment a must.
- A driven, entrepreneurial spirit; an orientation towards self-starting and self-learning, and an intellectually curious disposition;
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and leadership skills – ability to communicate with, and motivate, a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences;
- Superb cultural awareness – ability to communicate respectfully with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to explain complicated concepts in a succinct, concise, and elegant manner;
- Superb English writing skills as well as the ability to transform information and content from Mandarin to Silicon Valley-style product marketing content in English a must.
- Additional mastery of a foreign language especially French, German, or Spanish nice to have.
- Experience working with and managing 3rd party vendors/contracts.