National Account Director (biosimilar, biopharmaceutical, Payer)
- Expired: November 05, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Company provides biosimilar and innovative biopharmaceutical medications to help increase patient access to advanced therapies around the world
Title: National Account Director
Department: Market Access
Reports to Commercial Head
1. POSITION SUMMARY
- Directly report to the Head of Market Access (L2)* to facilitate the designing and implementing strategic plans and strategies in building strong business relationships with all the payers across the United States (e.g., PBMs, Commercial Insurers, Medicare, Medicaid, VA/DoD channels, etc.)
- Lead a team of national account managers (payer-facing) to implement strategies and tactics to support appropriate formulary placement across payers and to negotiate cost effective contracts with payers that allow access to company products for the providers and their patients.
* Due to the current state of the company's organization, the Head of Market Access slot may be vacant at the time of the National Account Director's employment. However, the company will employ the Head of Market Access to oversee the entire market access function (for both the payer and provider-facing side)
2. KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly report to the Head of Market Access (L2) to facilitate the designing and implementing strategic plans and strategies in building strong business relationships with all the payers (e.g., PBMs, Commercial Insurers, Medicare, Medicaid, VA/DoD channels, etc.)
- Responsible for developing strategic product launch strategy and plans to expedite our product's access with payers across the United States (e.g., formulary placement, contracting) so that it allows access to our products for provider and the patients who needs it
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the work of the national account managers (NAMs) so that the company can build and maintain strong relationships with medical and pharmacy departments within a targeted list of National and Regional account-based customers that include commercial health plans, Medicare, Managed Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Medicaid to achieve the company's objective more efficiently and effectively
- Responsible for coaching the national account managers (NAMs) to enhance the understanding of the company's overall market access strategy (payer-facing) and to evaluate the KPIs of the respective NAMs
- Understand and anticipate the payer's goal and needs across the system of care and to find opportunities to develop and deliver resources
- Understand and regularly monitor changes to nationwide and regional coverage and policy developments.
- Provide guidance to the Head of Market Access (L2) or in some cases, C-Suite level within the company on emerging trends, market dynamics, federal and state policy, and implications regarding the payer-facing market access activities
- Work cross-functionally with multiple internal stakeholders such as HEOR, Sales & Marketing, Contracting, Business Management etc., to effectively develop effective product launch strategy in terms of gaining market access with payers
3. WORK EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 12 years of experience as National Account Manager (Payer-facing)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in leading a team of national account managers
- Work experience in pharmaceutical industry is required (especially, for monoclonal antibody biosimilars)
4. SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with cross-functional colleagues
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for effective conflict resolution
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating and meeting clients requirements
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Business Management, Business Science or equivalent
- Relevant work experience is preferred
6. CORE COMPETENCIES
- Action Oriented
- Conflict Management
- Timely Decision Making
- Priority Setting
- Drive for Results
Please contact : Carson.zhu@Cesna.com
AddressJersey City, NJ
BusinessView all jobs at cesna
Get fresh National jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.