Location: In market
Reports to: VP of Sales Operations
Travel: Local market/surrounding territory
Summary of Objectives:
The Strategic Selling Representative is primarily responsible for selling ready-to-drink beverage product lines. Activities will include selling new item introductions, marketing promotions, line extensions, merchandising and maintenance of existing product lines. In some instances, this position will be responsible for training of new sales employees. The Strategic Selling Representative should have the right mix of talent and enthusiasm - with proven leadership skills, strong analytical, communication skills, nationwide mobility and the ability to work in a team setting.
Core Job Responsibilities:
· Store Sales
• Assumes complete responsibility for store activity and development within assigned territory.
• Executes promotionally effective marketing and sales programs at store level.
• Establishes and achieves retail sales goals and objectives for assigned territory.
• Increases store sales volume within assigned territory.
• Suggests creative sales and marketing concepts to leadership.
· Store Distribution
• Ensures that authorized distributions are present within assigned retail accounts.
• Capitalizes on retail distribution opportunities at store level and communicates competitive distribution gains and losses.
· Store Merchandising
• Implements and achieves merchandizing objectives at all assigned accounts.
• Obtains maximum display support at all assigned retail accounts.
• Uses POS material to support the movement of all products.
· Sales Administration
• Provides useful and timely service to accounts and handles customer and consumer complaints in accordance with policies.
• Submits and maintains proper customer records, sales, activities and other required reports and forms.
• Develops proper relations and rapport with customers within territory.
• Maintains, organizes and updates all sales materials for effective utilization.
• Handles unsaleable products according to company policies.
· Initiative/Time Management – Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to independently determine when to call on each account/lead and why. Anticipates regular deadlines and plans accordingly.
· Intuitive Selling – Must use discretion when investing time/resources into leads and understand when to walk away from non-fruitful pursuits. Demonstrated ability to sell in alignment with monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives resulting in profitable volume and revenue generation.
· Communication and Collaboration – Must communicate effectively and accurately in both written and verbal forms in a professional and timely manner across all departments and teams.
· 2 year college degree required (BA/BS preferred)
· 1-2 years minimum of multi-brand sales experience with Consumer Packaged Goods, or within the food and beverage industry
· Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs