Baseball Mascot - Wool E. Bull, Mascot for the Durham Bulls
The Mascot Program Coordinator is a full-time position that will oversee the team's mascot program. This position is expected to be the face of the Durham Bulls brand in the community, as well as perform at all Durham Bulls home games and scheduled appearances. Must be energetic who works well with others and can engage fans of all ages.
- Represent the team as the Bulls' mascot, Wool E. Bull, at all home games, community events, special team events, sponsor events and any other external appearances as required by the organization.
- Manage Wool E. Bull's appearance schedule, including regular communication with internal and external clients. Expectation is to schedule at a minimum of 20 outside community appearances per month.
- Maintain and grow mascot social media platforms and develop engaging content to increase fan engagement of the character.
- Execute Holiday Themed outreach programs including Wool E. grams for Valentine's Day and Halloween.
- Assist with the execution of all programs that include Wool E. Bull, including sponsored elements such as Reading Program, School Programs and future Kids Club.
- Work with Director of Promotions to find creative ways to engage fans on gameday.
- Work closely with the sponsorship activation team to incorporate Wool E. Bull with existing and prospective corporate partnerships.
- As assigned, coordinate vendors for community events such as Education Day and other events as assigned.
- Handle and fulfill donation requests.
- Maintain mascot costume and work to ensure all costume parts and pieces meet the highest standard.
- Oversee vehicle maintenance for mascot related vehicles.
- Preferred Height between 5'8 - 6'1
- Mascot Experience preferred but not required
- Performance / dance / acting background a plus, but not required
- Ability to drive and operate a go-kart, ATV and appearance van.
- Must have ability and desire to work long, flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays. Position is expected to maintain regular office hours to effectively grow program, in addition to appearance and performance hours.
- Knowledge and experience using social media tools including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.
- Must be willing and able to withstand performing up to two hours continuously.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Maintain high performance level in the costume through varying temperatures
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC, and Professional Builders Supply, (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.
Sports and RecreationView All capitolbroadcastingcompany Jobs
Get fresh Baseball Mascot - Wool E. Bull, Mascot for the Durham Bulls jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.