Senior System Engineer - Technical Delivery
bva technology services Scottsdale, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reports to: bva President/GM
- Take ownership of design development and implementation of client projects
- Work with client executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues
- Collaborate with client network staff (as applicable) to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Develop Statements of Work and project proposals with internal President and sales team
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing client systems to develop and implement strategies for improvement
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Maintain multiple secure network environments and infrastructure solutions for all clients
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes and service records
- Address issues with client accounts in a timely and professional manner
- Drive firm technology to new areas (test and vet)
- Interact with clients and employees in a courteous, business-like manner
- Mentor and advise/assign System Support Engineers as needed with regard to client issues
- Serve as an escalation resource to Support Engineers to resolve high level ticket/issues
- Facilitate the transfer of information between peers to create a team-oriented environment
- Service client contracts as scheduled/needed
- Participate in an on-call rotation once every 8 to 12 weeks as needed
- Extensive experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of enterprise systems
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general network management best practices
- Thorough knowledge of information technology industry – particularly Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft infrastructure management.
- Subject matter expert in the Microsoft infrastructure space to include; analysis and construction of networks; understanding data base management systems and network management; and how the technology relates to the business needs of our clients
- Proficient in commercial and enterprise firewalls
- Experience and extensive knowledge of backup systems and implementation experience
- Experience managing optimal operation of network hardware and equipment including
routers, switches, firewalls, UPS, etc.
- Proficient in virtualization technology and architecture (VMWare/HyperV)
- Proficient in centralized storage and SAN Solutions
- Strong strategic problem solving skills and business acumen
- Ability to see the big picture and focus on details necessary to accomplish goals
- Excellent client-facing skills and written/verbal communication
- Professionalism and cooperation in dealing with colleagues, partners, and clients
- Ability to manage difficult or stressful work-related issues
- Ability to manage their own time and deliverables items assigned
- Requires physical agility and strength to bend, reach, lift and carry up to 40 lbs. and extensive use of computer equipment
- Professional technical training or college degree preferred
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc
- Extensive knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group
- Policies, MS Exchange, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery
- Strong technical knowledge, business acumen and strategic problem solving (will be tested)
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and proof of car insurance
- VMware VCP
bva Employee Benefits:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Accrued PTO (personal, vacation, sick)
- 10.5 Paid holidays
- Medical & Dental
- Basic Life
- Simple IRA with company match
- Basic LifeLock (identity theft protection)
- Employee Development/Training Opportunities
- Equipment stipend for laptop (monthly)
- Mobile phone
- Mileage reimbursement
- Extracurricular activities such as lunches, team building/holiday events, massages, and various contests
bva is an established and respected Managed Service Provider (MSP) in the Metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona area that has been in business for over 25 years. We are looking for the best and the brightest Ninjas. If you consider yourself top in your field and have a strong desire to grow and advance your IT skillset (and samurai sword collection), we are the culture fit you are looking for! Appear out of the shadows to meet with us and showcase your impressive throwing star collection. Come grow with us here at bva in a fun, fast-paced environment.
bva technology servicesWhy Work Here?
Great environment and people, a fun place to work, where you leave your work at the office.
About bva: bva is an established and respected Managed Service Provider (MSP) in the Metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona area that has been in business for over 27 years. We are looking for the best and the brightest Ninjas. If you consider yourself top in your field and have a strong desire to grow and advance your IT skillset (and samurai sword collection), we are the culture fit you are looking for! Appear out of the shadows to meet with us and showcase your impressive throwing star collection. Come grow with us here at bva in a fun, fast-paced environment.