Director of Digital Marketing & Fundraising
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing & Communications
Location: Any of the following buildOn operating regions - Chicago (IL), Detroit (MI), New York City (NY), Oakland (CA), or Stamford (CT)
FLSA: Full Time /Exempt
Schedule: Monday-Friday with weekday evenings and/or Saturdays required, up to 10% domestic and international travel required
Compensation: $80-90K CWE
How to Apply: Please provide a cover letter, a resume and answer the application questions for consideration.
Summary: The Director of Digital Marketing & Fundraising will apply expertise in online fundraising, lead generation, donor cultivation, and stewardship to grow the buildOn movement. The Director of Digital Marketing & Fundraising reports to the VP of Marketing and Communications, leads a team of digital marketing and fundraising specialists, and collaborates closely with the Director of Marketing and their team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee all digital fundraising strategies and manage the digital marketing budget, including strategic oversight of all aspects of donor engagement, i.e., donor communications, digital campaigns, and stewardship programs.
- Develop an online fundraising strategy that equips external fundraisers ('crowdraisers') with the tools and strategies they need to succeed and convert one-time donors and non-donors into lifelong donors.
- Create strategies and develop customized donor-centric approaches that achieve high conversion, retention, acquisition, and loyalty to move donors up the giving pyramid-through short-term campaigns to large ongoing programs that will drive engagement, increase funding and grow buildOn's movement.
- In conjunction with the stewardship team, implement a comprehensive stewardship strategy to recognize and thank buildOn’s donor database, with a focus on donor retention and supporting sustainable funding.
- Manage the digital marketing and communication strategy of the five-step buildOn Donor Journey for segments of small, mid-level, and major gift donors – Awareness (1), Consideration (2), Conversion (3), Loyalty (4), Advocacy (5).
- Co-create and implement digital fundraising and marketing campaigns for target audiences
- Work to build a deeply embedded culture of Philanthropy at buildOn.
- Own the strategy for email communications and fundraising, web content and fundraising, social media, and other digital channels.
- Develop and optimize automated marketing journeys using PARDOT.
- Develop an automated but compelling report process for donors to buildOn programs.
- Measure, analyze, and optimize your efforts using marketing analytics best practices and KPIs.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in online fundraising and marketing, with proven results leading a team of marketers and fundraisers.
- Superior writing and editing skills, as well as experience with email marketing and marketing automation platforms (Pardot or similar), social media platforms, web basics, SEM/SEO, and the Adobe Creative Suite, are a must.
- Experience writing and developing content for customer/donor conversion.
- WordPress, HTML, and other programming languages are a plus.
What You Will Need to Succeed
- You are committed to changing the world. You believe in buildOn’s mission and are committed to equality and service. You are as comfortable in a Bronx High School, or in West Africa, as you are at your desk.
- You are a brilliant writer, editor, and storyteller. You know how to create compelling content that will pull people into the buildOn mission – and how to coach others to create outstanding content.
- You are obsessed with quality. You have an intense focus on creating and launching only the highest quality, most compelling, and visually dynamic creative work possible.
- You are focused on the customer, providing consistent internal and external stakeholder satisfaction.
- You understand the fundamentals of a marketing/customer journey and know how to develop the mechanisms to move donors from Awareness to Advocacy.
- You communicate persuasively. You can plan and deliver oral, written, and visual communications and stories that move people to action.
- You are collaborative. You develop and strengthen partnerships inside and outside the organization.
- You lead by example and elevate expectations around performance. You are skilled at coaching and performance management.
- You are entrepreneurial. If you don’t have the tools you need to be successful, you will find them. Challenges don’t overwhelm you, and you have the tenacity to overcome them. You know when to ask for help — and when to figure it out yourself.
- You are strategic. You are focused on achieving your goals and spend your energy getting there.
What You’ll Learn
As part of your professional development at buildOn you will learn how to become a Constructive Leader. Constructive Leadership is a method of building leaders that inspires solidarity and unleashes our courage, resilience, empathy, and passion for the possible. And Constructive Leadership is only ignited through service. Constructive Leadership is how we built this organization and what we’ve learned by working at ground zero of extreme poverty and the dropout crisis for more than 29 years.
What We Offer
- Generous time-off policy that includes paid vacation, personal and sick days along with a paid summer and end-of-year shutdown week
- 100% insurance premium paid for medical, dental and vision along with subsidized deductibles.
- Annual performance reviews with merit increases.
- 403 (b) retirement plan.
- Pre-tax benefits (Commuter, FSA, and Dependent Care)
- Professional development opportunities
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
buildOn is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive environment that drives innovation, strengthens ONE buildOn and bolsters a culture where people truly feel valued, heard and respected. buildOn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status.
To learn more about buildOn, please visit our website at www.buildOn.org.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at buildOn