Backend Software Engineer
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
bttn is bringing automation and transparency to the antiquated medical supply marketplace.
bttn is the future of medical supply. We're revolutionizing the way people access critical medical supplies. The current system is old, antiquated, and outdated. We give providers of all sizes options on how and when they receive their supplies and reduce the cost of healthcare for all.
Join one of the world's fastest growing B2B marketplaces, tackling one the largest verticals in the world, on a mission to help healthcare providers and SMBs worldwide. We are an award winning team most recently recognized by Forbes 30 Under 30 and Best and Brightest.
Summary of Backend Software Engineer Role:
We're looking for a backend software engineer located in the Seattle area, who will play a pivotal role in the future of our company. This engineer will be responsible for helping to architect, build, maintain, and evolve our backend data interoperability. You'll focus on projects like: enhancing our product information management System, designing and building backend web services like RESTful API's, and increasing time to market for data connectivity initiatives. You'll be working side by side with other experienced developers, all with the goal of providing a better solution to our customers.
Job Requirements for Backend Software Engineer Role:
In order to be successful at bttn, you must have the following types of skill sets:
•Backend developer with at least 3 to 5+ years of hands-on experience with:
•Message-driven, microservices-based architecture
•AWS serverless, SQS, Code pipeline
•Designing and building backend web services and RESTful APIs •SQL, NoSQL databases
•Software testing best practices and tools
•Ecommerce experience strongly preferred
•Sound technical writing and ability to express technical ideas fluently in English
•Effective interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills - Ideal candidate will work 4 days/wk in an office located in Seattle, WA to create a culture of collaboration, real time problem solving and build cross functional relationships.
$110,000 - $120,000/annually + equity
•Beautiful office and fun team environment
•Hybrid work schedule, 4 days/wk in office located in Seattle, WA
•Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
•Company paid employee life insurance
1. Good people: We hire for good people first, talent and technical expertise second. To build an inclusive and inviting culture, it starts with being a good person.
2. Fail fast, fail often: Failing is allowed, failing is expected. To win big, we must also be willing to fail.
3. Grind & win: We put in the extra effort, the extra hour, and pride ourselves on our ability to outwork the rest. We also are competitors, and we like to win as a company.
4. Leave the ego behind, be a multiplier: In order to make really good decisions, we need to leave our egos at the door and receive and give feedback freely. To expand our company, we need to multiply efforts, not be protective of our ego's. Be a multiplier, not a detractor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Get fresh Senior Backend Software Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!