Operations Manager - Seattle
blueground Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
At Blueground, we are guided by a vision to make people feel at home wherever they choose to live. By offering fully-furnished apartments that are move-in ready in the worlds most vibrant neighborhoods, we provide our guests with the opportunity to simply #ShowUpStartLiving. Behind the scenes, we strive for a tech-powered living experience that guests love, homed in an organization where great people are proud to work.
Weve grown a lot since our founding in 2013. We are now hosting guests in more than 4,000 homes in 15 cities. We have raised more than $100m+ in funding to date and thats just the beginning. What drives our success is how each of our team members applies our core values. To our team, Time is everything, and we cherish it greatly. For us, Excellence isnt simply a standard, but an exciting way to look at life. We Care deeply about our clients and colleagues and never lose sight of the human element, which goes hand-in-hand with Transparency which we believe makes our day-to-day life easier.
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager to join our Seattle team. The Operations Manager position is one of the most impactful and essential roles at Blueground. As an Operations Manager, your primary focus will be the implementation, adaptation and continuous improvement of our business systems and processes in your city. You will be responsible for getting our new properties at a ready to move-in stage in a timely fashion, managing and training third-party contractors, 3pl companies and ensuring smooth operation across the team.
What you will focus on:
- Full operational set-up and maintenance coordination of Blueground properties (furnishing, supplies, services, etc) according to brand style and guidelines
- Work with the central design team on the implementation of large design initiatives
- Style and manage the photoshoots of the new apartments to ensure spaces look perfect based on Bluegrounds photoshoot guidelines
- Drive down operational costs and constantly improve processes, while upholding Bluegrounds quality standards
- Liaise, manage and negotiate with contractors, vendors and external business partners ensuring that our guests enjoy high standards of client experience
- Manage the city inventory of furniture, consumables, and linens, optimizing safety stocks and reporting furniture malfunctions to the Design and Supply Chain teams
- Partner with cross-functional support teams in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of guest experience services
- Manage timely data collection to update operational metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors, and deliver excellent customer service
- Manage the team of Operations Associates (who will assist in the set up of the apartments), by leading their onboarding process and providing continuous feedback
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of progressive work experience preferably in the area of business operations or services in a start-up, SME or large corporation
- Bachelor's degree
- Results-oriented go-getter; great at multitasking and managing competing priorities
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Significant project management experience while working under tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills put to use in a fast pace environment
- Fluent in Google Suite and MS Office; experience with inventory management systems is a plus
- Guest-centric mindset
- Team player and creative thinker
- Experience in hospitality or real estate is considered a plus
- Team management experience, optimally in field operations is considered a plus
- Competitive salary
- Competitive Health insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision), along with complimentary access to OneMedical and Health Advocate
- 401k retirement plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Dynamic working environment with talented people
- Complimentary accommodation in Blueground locations. Think summer in Greece and winter in Dubai!
At Blueground we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
BusinessView all jobs at blueground