Note: Looking for AWS Cloud Engineer - Design and develop databases, data warehousing, and BI Reporting.
Position can be filled at either 500 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI or 440 S. Church Street, Charlotte, NC?
- AWS Cloud Data Engineer will be responsible for preparing data for analytical or operational uses, building data pipelines to pull together information from different source systems; integrating, consolidating and cleansing data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with internal customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing solutions to support analytical and reporting needs.
- Design and implement reporting solutions enabling stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
- Develop and support the analytical technologies that give our internal customers timely, flexible and structured access to their data.
- Design and implement an analytical environment using third-party and in-house reporting tools, modeling metadata, building reports and dashboards.
- Develop and maintain AWS RDBMS environment(s)
- Design and deploy data table structures, reports, and queries.
- Diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Assure security of data from external parties and for management of row-level-security within the organization.
- Plan and coordinate backup and disaster recovery setup.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Develop and maintain database stored procedures, views, and functions that support reporting data models.
- Develop and maintain ETL processes (via AWS Lambda Architecture)
- Produce ad-hoc queries that develop reports to support business needs.
- Create reports and data models using Power BI that meet business requirements.
- Provide data management support to users.
- Other duties as required.
- Computer Science degree required; Masters in Computer Science a plus.
- AWS Certifications preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in data management and data integration industry.
- 5 years' experience in technical and functional design and development for databases, ETL, data warehousing, and BI reporting required.
- Experience with cloud-based data engineering platforms.
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as AWS (S3, RDS, Redshift, Glue, Athena, Aurora) or Azure or similar.
- Experience creating databases from the ground up.
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security, and monitoring).
- Comprehensive grasp of data visualization methods and data modeling for effective report creation.
- Ability to construct and maintain data warehouses.
- Experience creating charts, graphs, dashboards in one or more of the following programs - Excel, SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, Qlik and/or similar programs.
- A broad understanding of data visualization methods and techniques.
- Power Query ("M" language), and DAX language experience.
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to present to audiences of 10-15 people.
- Broad business experience with proficient ability to talk to execs in business terms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to creatively engage with customers to come up with custom solutions.
- Must possess ability to coordinate and work cohesively with a development team (no 'code-loners').
- Familiarity with Kimball methodologies of data warehousing. Understanding of the difference between application database design and reporting database design.
- At least 5 years' experience working in developing and building data solutions.
- Experience with AWS technologies used for Data Analytics, including some of these: EMR, Glue, Data Pipelines, Lambda, Redshift, Athena, Kinesis, Aurora, etc.
- Deep understanding of data storage technologies for structured and unstructured data: S3, etc.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java, Node.js, Python.
- Knowledge of relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, etc.
- Knowledge of any of NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of data formats like JSON, Parquet, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills with a track record of achieving balance in innovative thinking with a strong customer and quality focus.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship, team building and motivation skills.
- Ability to respond effectively during a crisis.
- Proficient in communicating complex ideas, either with the written word or in presentations.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively with minimal direction.