Electrical Estimator (Entry-level)
Established in 1946, Bergelectric Corp. has made its mark on the construction industry by providing the highest quality electrical and technology systems. We are one of the largest, privately held, electrical contractors in the United States. During the last decade, Engineering News Record (ENR) has consistently ranked us among the top 20 specialty contractors. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including, but not limited to; comprehensive medical benefit packages and a 401(k) with company match.
Under the direction of a seasoned estimator, the position is responsible for assisting in the calculation of the cost of electrical construction by reviewing and evaluating available documents and developing accurate, competitive and profitable bid proposals for a variety of electrical projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the review and evaluation of project plans and specifications, bid documents, and other relevant project documents
- Support the request of material and equipment quotes from vendors and equipment suppliers. Participate in reviewing quotes to confirm adherence to quote requests and accuracy of quotes received.
- Assist in the preparation of bid documents
- Identify any inconsistent issues, conflicts, and other problems in the bid documents
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or related program required
- Internships or additional industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of various aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods, etc.) as well as an understanding of industry practices, processes, and standards and their impact on project activities
- Knowledge of construction, design, and cost management related to Commercial, Institutional and/or Industrial projects
- Proficient in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of working independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to present self in a professional manner and represent the company image
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and project success
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
PE, APM, electrical project engineer, electrical project manager, electrical construction, electrical contractor, electrical P.E., electrical A.P.M. electrical assistant project manager, ...