Aircraft Mechanic II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TITLE: Aircraft Mechanic
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Superintendent/Site Lead
Level II - Six (6) years of Aviation Maintenance experience. Two (2) years of leadership experience. Craftsman skill level.
Level II - High School diploma. Airframe and Power Plant (A&P) FAA License or equivalent military/commercial aircraft maintenance experience.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
REQUIREMENTS: Current Secret Security Clearance. US Citizen or authorized immigration status. Must be willing to travel overseas for extended periods of time.
Skills and Characteristics:
Excellent attention to detail. Very good communication skills both written and verbal. Excellent team member.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must meet company fitness for deployment requirements.
Position Summary: Performs organizational level servicing, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on manned aircraft and unmanned aircraft systems (UAS). Conducts weapons loading, storage and transport. Repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components, and engines. Maintains and repairs aircraft components including, but not limited to, flight controls, engines, landing gear, fuel systems and mechanical components. Knowledge of unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, and other special tools and equipment. Uses and interprets technical orders (TO’s) and technical data to apply technical expertise and knowledge to identify, troubleshoot, and diagnose maintenance problems and determine appropriate corrective action.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Level I & II
- Performs servicing, scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance/inspections on aircraft systems, sub-systems, components, and related aerospace equipment.
- Performs launch, recovery, post- flight, pre-flight, thru-flight and phased inspections.
- Removes and installs aircraft components and conducts functional and operational checks.
- Adjusts, aligns, and rigs flight controls and other components.
- Performs aircraft jacking, lifting, towing, and manual movement.
- Inspects and checks components for clearances, tolerances, proper installation and operation.
- Performs basic aircraft structural repairs.
- Operates and inspects powered and non-powered aerospace ground equipment.
- Performs structural repair, inspects, and identifies corrosion for prevention and repair.
- Reviews and completes aircraft maintenance forms entries and enters data into aircraft maintenance information systems (MIS).
- Maintains and inventories aircraft alternate mission equipment.
- Performs routine FOD inspections.
- Complies with technical data usage policy.
- Prepares material and product deficiency reports for faulty components as required.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs aircraft weight and balance procedures with direct supervision.
- Performs crash recovery responsibilities with direct supervision.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Statement: Battlespace, Inc. is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability (physical or mental), sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, or veteran status.
Managers and supervisors are required to ensure policies regarding hiring, salary administration, promotion, and transfer are based solely on job requirements, job performance, and job-related criteria. In addition, personnel policies and practices, including those relating to compensation, benefits, transfer, retention, termination, training, self-development opportunities, as well as social and recreational programs are administered without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability (physical or mental), sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, veteran status, or other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
TravelView all jobs at battlespace, inc.