- Utilize various OEM tools and diagnostic equipment to make the most effective recommendations for repairs on multiple makes and models
- Act as a subject matter expert and adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals on a consistent basis
- Ability to quickly learn how to evaluate information and data to provide comprehensive interpretation of technical information, electrical components and Advanced Safety Systems (ADAS)
- Proficient in identification of faults, error messages, module corrections, etc.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in e-learning or other training sessions in an effort to stay well-informed with rapidly changing automotive technology
- Serve as primary client contact as needed within the service process
- Perform customer reporting
- Coordinate with fellow technicians in performing in depth diagnostic test plans
- Keep team management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur
- Adhere to all company policy, procedure, safety and environmental rules
- 2-3 years of car dealership experience OR experience in an aftermarket repair facility as an Automotive Technician
- OEM scan tool and/or after market scan tool experience and knowledge
- Proficient in identification of faults codes, error messages and modules
- Strong automotive mechanical and electrical diagnosis, problem-solving and repair experience
- Must have company designated certifications or obtain within 6 months: ASE, I-Car, MECP
- Current, valid driver’s license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Basic computer skills and understanding of Microsoft Office
- New car dealership experience is considered a plus
- Self-motivated, high energy and a customer-focused perspective
- In depth understanding of automotive industry and various manufacturer acronyms and lingo
- Proficient in customer reporting
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Reports to: Group Leader
Location: Plano, TX; Irving, TX; Jacksonville, FL and Las Vegas, NV
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
FLSA Status: This position is non-exempt.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers.
Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some testing of devices on vehicles may be required. This may include walking to the testing bay area, plugging a testing device in the interior of the vehicle and driving customer and company owned vehicles. Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment with limited exposure to customer repair facilities and vendor sites.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.
EEO Statement: The Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover all possible activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.