Primary Purpose of the Position
The In-Shop Calibration Specialist position is based inside our client's automotive repair facility. The position being offered is an entry level role. After training and Certification is complete the technician will be responsible for performing precise calibration for all types of ADAS equipment across most vehicle makes and models. Attention to detail, documentation and quality of work are of the utmost importance since we will be dealing with life safety equipment. The technician will be responsible for procuring OEM repair procedures from company provided online sources and following them to accurately perform calibrations. A working knowledge of vehicle electronic systems and diagnostic tools is a necessity in this role.
• Interact with Estimating, Blue Printing and/or Repair Planning Personnel at Repair Facility
• Interact/Coordinate with In-Shop Diagnostic Scan Technician, if available
• Pull Service Information
• Read/Interpret calibration procedures from OEM information
• Capture clear and accurate photographs of calibration processes as required
• Recognize and escalate opportunities for Mobile technicians
• Connect asTech Device for Remote Diagnostic Scans, when necessary.
• Research and assemble Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC’s), supporting OE Position Statements, Repair
Procedures and Calibration recommendations as required.
• Responsible for driving customer or company vehicles for the purpose of delivery, testing or calibration.
• Perform vehicle pre and post calibration paperwork
• Utilize OEM diagnostic and calibration tools to precisely calibrate ADAS equipment
• Read and understand measurements in both standard and metric units
• Perform basic R/I procedures to access sensors and control modules
• Stayed informed on evolving and emerging vehicle technology related to ADAS and its calibration
• Complete paperwork for calibration reporting that is given to the customer
• Comfortably explain procedures followed if asked
• Maintain calibration center environment to keep a safe and organized work space
• Handle company owned tools and equipment in a responsible manner
• Adhere to all company and client rules in regards to safety and compliance
• Ability to report to management on performance or problems encountered
• Any work required by asTech or its management
• Technical College Graduate, Automotive Field or equivalent
• Current, valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
• Strong computer skills, able to navigate multiple systems
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to attain high levels of internal and external customer satisfaction
• Microsoft Office Suite (Explorer, Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
• Good presentation skills
• Excellent report writing skills
Reports to: Market Area Manager
Location: Various locations throughout the United States
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
FLSA Status: This position is non-exempt.
Work Environment: The job operates in our Customer’s Repair facility, and will require interaction with various Body Shop Staff. At times the environment may be hot, cold, noisy, etc.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels.
• Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet.
• Requires standing stooping and kneeling for extended periods of time.
• Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity.
EEO Statement: The Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover all possible activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.