argodesign Austin, TX
- Expired: January 12, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are a product design consultancy, a growth partner to entrepreneurs, and an incubator of new experiences. As designers and makers, we recognize the inherent value of technology in the design solution.
Our highest aspirations come to fruition through our passion for the act of making. In the digital realm, experiences are often defined by intangible characteristics, and it’s easy to lose the sense of technology’s innate qualities and limitations. Pushing against the boundaries of software and hardware is a visceral way of experiencing that sensibility; it is a direct and enjoyable reminder of the limits that give a design crisp definition.
The Creative Technology team at argodesign drives strategic opportunities and architects solutions based on a deep understanding of wide-ranging technologies. Our Technology Directors confidently drive multiple technical teams towards delivering the outstanding designs created in coordination with the User Experience teams. This role will act as an intermediary between the abstract nature of design and the pedantic nature of technology, and will pragmatically apply today’s technologies while preparing for future visions.
We’re seeking a Technology Director to join our interdisciplinary team who will help to drive successful product design projects. If you’re looking for a dynamic environment where you can put your leadership skills in practice to propel a creative team, you might be the person we’re seeking!
A little about you:
- You have 8+ years of experience in a technology or design consulting environment presenting solutions and incorporating feedback from clients
- You have an exemplary ability to express technology solutions that deliver user experiences and translate business objectives to executive level client stakeholders
- You have fluency in the SDLC as well as the product design cycle and ability to drive compromise and fluidly translate concepts across all product design stakeholders
- You have the ability to lead and guide technical teams on either the front or back end (ideally both) including technical architecture.
- You have a strong point-of-view on various technology spaces
- You are comfortable in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- You can articulate technical solutions to both technical and non-technical executives using both oral and written communications
- You are always learning and invested in keeping up to date with advances in technology
- You have strong technical skills while capable of expressing interaction or visual designs
- You have 8+ years of experience in professional software development environments
- You have a thorough understanding of the design process
- Experience guiding products to market
- Experience working closely with product and UX designers in optimizing product capabilities based on current and future technologies
- You have 5+ years of experience working in cross-discipline teams
- You have 5+ years of experience with one or more high-level programming language such as HTML/CSS/JS, C#, C++, or Python
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at argodesign