Paralegal Legal Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ardelle is seeking a Paralegal I to support the U.S. Attorney's Office, in Baton Rouge, La.
The place of performance is on-site (limited remote work may be permitted).
The Paralegal duties are as follows:
(a) Establishes and maintains files and case-tracking database.
(b) Assists in discovery.
(c) Provides a variety of legal documents, correspondence, and other related material.
(d) Provides a variety of direct legal support services.
(e) Proofreads attorneys’ written product by performing the following:
I. Verifies citations and statutory references contained in legal documents, ensuring that citations are correct, complete, and
consistent with source materials; and
II. Detects and corrects format, spelling, and grammatical errors; and
III. Points out questionable wording
(f) Independently conducts legal research using electronic databases, including Westlaw and Lexis.
(g) Provides assistance that is dependable and effective in dealings with courts, clients, and co-workers (including supervisors and support staff) and others
The Paralegal must have:
• High school diploma or GED is required;
• Ability to conduct legal research and analysis;
• Knowledge of the litigation process to include court rules and procedures for prosecutions;
• Ability to draft/develop detailed legal documents and correspondence;
• Ability to communicate orally;
• Ability to review and effectively summarize large quantities of information, such as medical records;
• Ability to use a variety of software programs, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously;
• Knowledge of and skill in using spreadsheets and schedules, in order to gather data, analyze, and present findings.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Access.
Paralegal Degree or Certificate or at least two years of litigation paralegal experience is preferred, but not required. Experience with civil litigation in federal court preferred.
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
LegalView all jobs at ardelle