Safety and Facilities Manager
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
hi there, we're amika. a friend to hair, hairstylists, her, him, them, + you. amika means friend in the language esperanto and is a symbol of our belief in the power of community + the beauty of diversity.
brooklyn-born + salon raised: where creativity + culture is a way of life. we're a collective of creatives, hairstylists, chemists, + product enthusiasts that like to bend the rules.
we created 11 collections for every hair type, texture + style - all hair is welcome.
We are looking for a Safety and Facilities Manager to join our team in Pennsauken NJ to conduct safety training, audits, and inspections to ensure a safe work environment, identify and work with the leadership teams to implement corrective action. To manage routine maintenance and make repairs as needed, schedule routine inspections, preventative maintenance, and emergency repairs with outside vendors, and implement 5S practices.
As the safety and Facilities Manager, you will be collaborating with the warehouse leadership teams to develop an Emergency Response/Action Plan and serve as primary contact for injury and incident notification/investigation. In addition to maintaining all documentation of safety inspection activities, fire systems and alarm system inspections, and reports.
On a day to day basic you can expect to beinteracting with all warehouse personnel from front line employees to leadership in a positive and collaborative way to ensure a safe, compliant, and well-operating work environment. You will report tothe Director of Warehouse Operations and Logistics, and help to ensure thesafety, compliance, and operating standards for the warehouse are best in class.
what you'll do
- Conducts safety training, audits, and inspections to ensure a safe work environment, identify and work with the warehouse leadership team to implement corrective action, and perform follow up assessments.
- Collaborates with management to develop an Emergency Response/Action Plan and serve as primary contact for injury and incident notification, investigation.
- Maintains all documentation of safety inspection activities, fire systems and alarm system inspections, and reports.
- Conduct accident prevention training and safety training
- Inspect dock and material handling equipment, conveyor/carousels, racking, and other warehouse equipment for unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents and incidents to find cause and work with leadership team to take prevention measures
- Suggest solutions, improvements, and prevention steps for safety issues
- Plans and implements programs to educate and train employees on workplace safety practice
- Regularly inspects facility to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Development/oversight of the following initiatives and programs:
- Safety Committee
- Material Handling Equipment Training Program/iWarehouse
- Incident Investigations
- Emergency and Severe Weather Response Programs
- Responsible for developing maintaining and updating SOP's and written programs.
- Performing routine maintenance on facilities and making repairs as needed
- Scheduling routine inspections, preventative maintenance, and emergency repairs with outside vendors
- Maintaining day-to-day operations of facilities
- Creating reports on maintenance and repairs
- Preparing facilities for changing weather conditions
- Basic mechanical skills, proficiency with repair tools and techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Great time management, organization, and prioritization abilities
- Attention to detail and efficient problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift over 70lbs and comfortable standing or walking for long periods of time
- Schedule and supervise maintenance repair work and assist with checking installation and servicing building equipment
- Maintain ongoing communication with contractors, clients, and team
- Manage all OSHA reporting, incidences, and training
- Responsible for Hazardous goods training, disposal, and related compliance
- Implement and manage 5S for all buildings
- Minimum of 5 years safety experience and/or training in an industrial/distribution environment.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, hazard identification and corrections, environmental regulations, human behavior and physical attributes related to job capabilities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in facilities maintenance or equivalent related functions
- Knowledge of general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management
- Must be a well-organized, detail and customer (internal and external) oriented self-starter
salary: $70,000 - $85,000 + bonus
location: pennsauken, new jersey
extra must-haves: this job position requires in-person work as stated above, and therefore as company policy, you must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Proof of vaccination will be requested before your first in-person work assignment.
ready to apply
please click the link that will bring you to our careers page through Greenhouse. Submit a cover letter describing yourself and why you'd be the perfect fit, along with your resume.
Real EstateView all jobs at amika
Get fresh Friends Outside jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.