We have an opening for a user experience designer to join our expanding UX and Design Team. The ideal candidate will have a strong web analytics understanding, information architecture experience and frontend development knowledge. The user experience designer will help engineer engaging web experiences across devices. The candidate will lead the information architecture and user experience phases of large scale website implementations. The user experience architect will work hand in hand with our project managers, developers, graphic designers and frontend developers and ultimately own the user experience.
- Immerse yourself in a client’s environments and identify opportunities to improve their users’ experience.
- Advocate for the user, uncover pain points and delights in a digital interface and solve challenging user experience problems.
- Articulate issues and concerns to team members and clients and work to strategize solutions.
- Apply modern and cutting edge user interface design principals.
- Participate in and conduct evaluations of user interface designs (usability testing, mock-up interviews, heuristic reviews, qualitative and quantitative measures).
- Conduct stakeholder interviews, user interviews, and research to help gather end-user requirements.
- Speak to the value of research and present a comprehensive research plan.
- Define and promote importance of user-centered design activities and ensure execution.
- Craft and lead UX research using both qualitative and quantitative research methods and analysis.
- Utilize a variety of UX research methods and tools, including rapid experimentation, prototyping, usability testing (remote and in-person), ride-alongs, journey mapping, card sorting, and user interviews.
- Apply user interface standards appropriately and identify improvement opportunities for standards and usage.
- Create wireframes, site maps, feature lists, user flows, audience definition, and customer journeys that are aligned with business and user goals.
- Define page level information architecture and site wide navigation.
- Work closely and collaborate with UI Engineers, Visual Designers, Researchers, Content Writers, as well as Business and Technology Partners.
- Work within Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.
- Manage your own time, whether working on a team in a collaborative environment or working independently.
- Work in a consulting capacity, specifically in a client facing role.
- 3-5 years of experience working in the digital marketing field in an Information Architecture role working with technical solutions. Strong knowledge of site design; mastery in principles of Web design.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors and or HCI preferred.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology.
- Working knowledge of User Centered Design Principles and Practice
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience presenting in front of groups, to clients, and via web conference
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment with multi-disciplinary teams required
- Strong attention to detail and QA abilities
- The ability to successfully manage multiple internal and external initiatives/projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Comfortable in a fast-pace environment.
- Knowledge of architecture-related software (Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure and MS Office)
- Clear understanding of mobile-first and responsive web design practices
Americaneagle.com provides its employees with an energetic work environment and opportunities to further develop their skills. We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, 401K, and more. The Americaneagle.com office is located 2 miles north of the Rosemont CTA Station (Blue Line) and is served by Pace Bus 221. On-site parking is provided.