The Americaneagle.com Experience Design group is seeking a talented and seasoned UX Architect. This role works closely with UX leadership. As a key member of the team, you are responsible for helping our clients build a digital mindset and the success of their digital experiences. The UX Architect works within the Experience Design team and develops peer to peer relationships to provide guidance and analysis on our most challenging projects.
*In order to apply, please submit your resume AND a link to your portfolio in the "comments" section.
This UX Architect will require participation and a strong knowledge of UX research practices, IA, and a design thinking methodology. The ideal candidate has extensive wireframing experience and a data-informed passion for design. Expectations include the ability to:
- Research, refine, simplify, and document site taxonomy and content.
- Develop clear and effective information and page architecture based on findings.
- Generate and distill User Research from multiple sources of quantitative and qualitative into usable and intuitive direction to inform the user experience and interface design.
- Define experience architecture and navigation that serves as a blue print for interactive projects.
- Provide Page Architecture guidance based on user research documentation, such as information architecture, user flows, journey maps, personas, UX reviews, and competitive analysis.
- Wireframe and prototype comprehensive flows in order to effectively communicate business objectives and end-user goals into UX architecture.
- Take a user-centered design (UCD) approach when solving complex design problems that accounts for user goals, business requirements and development needs.
- Work with strategists, UX designers, and developers.
- Evaluate user interface designs (usability testing, mock-up interviews, heuristic reviews, qualitative and quantitative measures).
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- You are able to speak to the value of UX Design - purpose, approach, and execution.
- Work closely and collaborate with UX Team members: Directors, Researchers, Architects, Visual Designers, Content Writers, as well as Project Managers, Business and Technology Partners.
- Ability to work within Agile/Scrum, XP, and Waterfall development methodologies.
- Interpret UX research defined by both qualitative and quantitative methods and analysis.
- You are proficient in understanding UX research data and tools, including rapid experimentation, prototyping, usability testing (remote and in-person), ride-alongs, journey mapping, card sorting, prototyping, user interviews, usability testing, persona development - and know how/when to advocate for different methods.
- You are able to manage your own time, whether working on a team in a collaborative environment or working independently.
- Working closely with a development and design team is something you have done and enjoy.
- You are an advocate for the user. You are passionate about uncovering pain points and delights in a digital interface, as well as helping to solve difficult user experience problems based on your research.
- You are able to effectively articulate issues and concerns to team members and clients as well as work to strategize potential solutions.
- At least 5 years UX Architect experience.
- Strong working experience in UX principles and practice.
- Working ability to interpret user experience design related data.
- Knowledge of site design principles.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors and or HCI preferred.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment with multi-disciplinary teams required.
- Strong attention to detail and QA abilities.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple internal and external initiatives/projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Comfortable in a fast-pace environment.
- Knowledge of architecture-related software (Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure and MS Office.
- Proto I/O experience preferred.
- Clear understanding of mobile-optimized and responsive web design practices.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Americaneagle.com is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to the company's values, mission, and strategies. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.