Ensures smooth functioning of all administrative duties as assigned including mail processing, development and maintenance of files (including scanning and records archiving), copying and typing correspondence, tracking pertinent information, data entry, outbound telephonic follow up and inbound inquiries.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Incumbent will work in an office setting, external physician office settings and other locations where meetings, demonstrations, evaluations and training sessions are held. May require travel via own automobile or day/overnight travel to the Neighbor Islands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to use mobile scanner, high volume OCR scanner and/or copier to scan hard copy documents. These include, but are not limited to, medical charts, Annual Wellness Examination forms, provider correspondence, and contracts and amendments.
- Receives and processes daily incoming mail. Date stamps, opens, and routes mail to appropriate HCQ team members.
- Logs incoming certified mail receipts before filing the receipts, receives and logs all HCQ documents/files, maintains an HCQ filing system of project documents and emails.
- Makes outbound calls to physician and clinic offices and patients using scripted messages to assist with scheduling and performing chart retrievals, annual wellness visits and other HCQ activities.
- Monitors, tracks and performs follow-up with providers, clinics and members for completion of chart retrieval, Annual Wellness Assessments activities and other HCQ activities.
- Receives inbound calls from physicians, clinic office staff and patients.
- Ability to triage calls and answer simple questions outlined in the FAQ document, transfer medium to complex calls to appropriate team members via the call transfer list, submit Helpdesk inquires for IT related issues and accurately logs all calls.
- Assists with preparation of training materials, educational tools, forms and other documents for meetings, seminars and presentations and the coordination of external events and education sessions.
- Listens and interprets inquiries/comments from members, providers and co-workers and willingly shares knowledge with other members of the team and proposes solutions to simple issues.
- Escalates issues to management as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
MENTAL, PHYSICAL AND COMMUNICATION DEMANDS:
- Ability to multitask and function in a high volume/busy environment.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and appropriately plan, prioritize, organize and carry out tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and learn new skills and processes in a short amount of time.
- Essential: prolonged sitting, finger dexterity for keyboard operation and document scanning and filing; hearing and speaking skills for telephone contact, viewing skills to work from video display terminal and to file documents.
- Frequent: stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching required for essential filing tasks; Occasional: Standing, walking, crawling, climbing stairs, twisting body, reaching at shoulder level or above, lifting/pushing/pulling of maximum 25 pounds for 100 yards.
- Ability to generate routine reports and correspondence.
- Pleasant telephone manner and customer relations skills.
- Asks clarifying questions when necessary when working with team members and clients.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years related experience in an office setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in a healthcare setting, medical billing or medical records office and a basic understanding of health insurance plans preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current/valid Hawai‘i Driver’s License.
- Proof of Hawai‘i No-Fault Auto Insurance.
- Clean driving record as evidenced by a recent driver’s abstract (to be provided by the employee).
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Accurate typing of 50 wpm and proficient operation of office machines
- Knowledge and/or ability to operate mobile scanners or high volume OCR scanners.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access for windows preferred.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail/concentration, ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and establish effective work relations with management and staff.