- Posted: over a month ago
The Technical Consultant utilizes the ABAS proprietary 4GL language called Flexible Object Programming (FOP) to design, develop, and deploy custom functionality to the ABAS ERP system. Consultants may also use Java/Groovy code to design and develop ABAS functionality. The Technical Consultant will perform programming and technical work for customers during their ERP implementation. Technical Consultants will also provide additional support to existing customers by creating custom functionality or other support initiatives.
- Experience in multiple programming languages:
- Java, Groovy, Shell Script
- Valued experience in other languages: C, C++, Microsoft .NET, etc.
- Experience with relational or object-oriented databases including by not limited to MySQL, Oracle
- Experience with complex applications (banking, hotel, ERP, insurance, etc)
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP, Baan, Epicor, MS Axapta, MS Navision, Deltek)
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence software
- Experience with Report writing software (Jasper, Crystal)
- Experience working in a team setting with consultants to define specifications, document the solution, and execute the solution.
- 4-year degree in computer science or related experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience
- Experience speaking with and developing specifications with customers
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal
- Understanding of manufacturing practices and methodologies a plus
- Minimal travel
Skills, Abilities and Behaviors
- Experience working in a professional services organization
- Strong customer service orientation & skills
- Analytical thinker
- Software experience
- Ability to quickly assimilate to new technologies
AMERCIANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
abas USA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Regularly required to sit for extended periods; walk; stand; drive; use hands to handle objects and feel controls; talk; listen; and vision capabilities that enable reading and viewing a computer screen.
Work environment is an office setting (work station) or work remotely from home. Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access. Employee is not exposed to weather conditions and noise level in work area is minimal
TechnologyView all jobs at abas-USA, Inc.