Monday through Friday (But, Saturday's as required) - (3rd shift - 11:00 am to 7:30 am - shift differential - O/T as required)
PTO, (8) paid Holidays, 401K w/4% match, Health, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD
The Extrusion Line Operator shall work in a teaming environment with other Operators on the foam production line to produce high quality foam products. Adherence to production goals, safety requirements, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are key to performing this job successfully. This position will lead a small team of equipment operators to achieve throughput and quality objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate the winder, extruder and T-die per specifications. Control material flow, feeding, and banking at the polishing roller.
- Set and monitor oven temperature and speed per SOP’s.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) inspections on the materials including density, widths, and thicknesses. Report quality issues immediately to team members and management.
- Provide back up for Winder or Oven Operator duties as required.
- Change or repair oven mesh belt.
- Assist with shipping activities.
- Lead & guide Oven and Winder positions to achieve daily objectives.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Self-starter; must be willing to work and lead in a team environment.
- Willing to work OT and/or some weekends as required.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Ability to lead a small team to achieve manufacturing objectives, ensure safe operation of equipment, report quality or equipment problems to management in a timely manner, and conformance to all established SOP’s and guidelines.
Skills, Knowledge and Conditions
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to solve straight forward problems with a few concrete variables.
- Good hand and eye coordination.
- Willingness to be trained and perform Fire Fighting.
- Willingness to be trained and perform repairs and maintenance to the equipment and facility.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
· Job entails almost exclusively working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
· Exposure to high temperature equipment
· Exposure to forklift traffic, sharp tools & objects, and moving mechanical parts
· Physical requirements to perform this job include lifting up to 50 lbs., reaching, standing, kneeling, bending, and crouching. Must use eyes to focus and hands to operate equipment and tools.
· Must comply with all PPE, including but not limited to gloves, safety glasses, and hearing protection as required.
a Sport Manufacturing company
Why Work Here?