Position Title: Post-Doctoral Researcher (1 Year Contract, Renewable)
Location: 17062 Murphy Ave, Irvine, CA 92614
Reports to: Scientist
Summary/Contribution of Position:
Zymo Research is seeking an ambitious postdoctoral researcher to join the diagnostic research and assay development group. The ideal candidate will have advanced training in techniques such NGS, qPCR and amplification-based techniques, and a good training in basic proteomics techniques. The ideal candidate will be proficient in statistical data analysis, and be familiar with the diagnostic field, with a particular focus on cancer diagnostics and the design of clinical studies. This researcher will help with the development of new assays to be deployed in the clinical diagnostic field and the design and organization of clinical studies.
Additional skills and experience producing recombinant protein expression in different systems, performing immune-based assay, and the design of microfluidic and lateral flow apparatuses are highly valued.
The post-doctoral researcher will be encouraged to exercise creativity, innovative and practical thinking, and calculated risk-taking in the course of their research projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Key competencies will include the ability to design and perform autonomously experiments using multiple platforms including NGS, amplification-based techniques and immune-assays; analyze and interpret results and progress with the research project; critical thinking and constructive discussion with the other team members; write clear and comprehensible documentation for methods developed and for experimental and studies design.
- Research Associates or Research Interns
Education and Experience:
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Immunology, Proteomics, Clinical Diagnostics, or a related field.
· First-authored publications that demonstrate impactful contributions to the scientific community are required
· Strong background in molecular biology techniques and familiarity with the clinical field.
- Scientific objectivity and focus
- Ability to execute and deliver
- Project leadership
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective writing and communication skills
- Team-oriented mindset
- Customer Service skillset
- Cognitive empathy and emotional intelligence
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
· Independently develop overarching approach strategies to basic research problems; apply appropriate tactics and methodologies to execute the overarching strategy, extract key concepts from current and relevant scientific articles pertaining to the execution of broad research aims.
· Plan, assign, and direct the work of supporting researchers, advising them on problems which they are unable to solve, and take responsibility for the supervision, training, and career growth of Research Associates, Laboratory Assistants, and Interns.
· Contribute original ideas of major methodological significance to the execution of laboratory and/or field phases of research.
· Exercise judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness in making decisions.
· Frequently contribute (a) original ideas of major importance in the execution of laboratory and/or field phases of research and (b) accurately interpret data yielded by new/original method(s) used or developed in the course of laboratory and/or field phases of research to identify and execute on pivotal decisions.
· Communicate effectively with research, business, marketing, and manufacturing teams
· Initiate conversations within the research team to discuss project progress
· Ensure that all research staff are informed about their project-related duties and investigational agents
· Execution of project aims which have been broadly outlined by the CSO
· Engage in difficult and complex research projects in collaboration with Research Associates, making important original contributions pertaining to laboratory and/or field experimental procedures
· Engage in research and development to produce marketable products that product release may be maintained over a period of selling time
· Co-author scientific journal articles when necessary to promote innovative contributions publicly.
Inside Zymo Research
Zymo Research's core beliefs are based on innovation, quality, and customer service. These three paradigms are ingrained in their company culture. They believe their products are the most reliable and uphold to the highest standards of quality in the industry as evidenced by their ISO 9001 certification. They have also received Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices Award for Leadership in Epigenetics Product Quality.
To provide the most reliable, innovative, and valuable biomedical tools and services to our customers through research and strategic development.
To have a positive impact in the biomedical field and to contribute to the greater good of humanity.
" Treat others as you would like to be treated " . We strongly believe this principle dictates teamwork and open communication.
Why Work Here?Larry Jia, M.D., founded Zymo Research Corporation in 1994. With humble beginnings, he started manufacturing the first DNA/RNA extraction and purification products for E. coli and yeast out of a garage in Orange, California. Today, Zymo Research is a multi-million dollar company with its headquarters based in Irvine, California. In addition to its California headquarters, Zymo Research has two international branches located in Freiburg, Germany and Beijing, China. The company's DNA and RNA extraction kits are used mainly by academic and biopharmaceutical scientists, who need to isolate and purify DNA/RNA from tissue, blood or serum samples. Zymo Research is also known for its epigenetics line of products used in DNA methylation detection and quantitation. They carved out a niche in this market by being an early adopter in the field of epigenetics and by offering a high-quality product. They are considered the leader in this market space. One of the keys to Zymo's success in the past 25 years has been their ability to listen to their customers and react quickly. Their tagline "The Beauty of Science is to Make Things Simple" is a mantra that is reflected in every one of their products. From epigenetics to RNA/DNA isolation, each product is designed to be both simple in use and robust in its performance. Inside Zymo Research Zymo Research's core beliefs are based on innovation, quality, and customer service. These three paradigms are ingrained in their company culture. They believe their products are the most reliable and uphold to the highest standards of quality in the industry as evidenced by their ISO 9001 certification. They have also received Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices Award for Leadership in Epigenetics Product Quality. OUR MISSION To provide the most reliable, innovative, and valuable biomedical tools and services to our customers through research and strategic development. OUR VISION To have a positive impact in the biomedical field and to contribute to the greater good of humanity. GOLDEN RULE " Treat others as you would like to be treated " . We strongly believe this principle dictates teamwork and open communication.
Great benefits, free food, and a lot of opportunities for growth!