Zymo Research Tustin, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Location: 14762 Bentley Circle, Tustin, CA 92780
Reports to: Marketing and Web Development Team
Pangea Laboratory is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Marketing and Web Development team as a Graphic Designer. The successful Graphic Designer will be working closely with the Research and Development teams and other marketing personnel.
If you are passionate about helping people in advancing science and working with awesome teams in a fast-growing company, we want you! We’re looking for an experienced Graphic Designer with a go-getter attitude to join our marketing team! The is a full-time position based in Tustin, CA.
- Work with the marketing team to design original, high-quality print and digital collateral, prototypes, and deliverables, including, but not limited to, presentation decks, slideshows, posters, ads, brochures, reports, logos, and email templates
- Collaborate with the product team to identify and define product requirements and represent user’s point of view throughout the product planning process
- Assist the web development team in developing interface and experience designs, prototypes, and mockups for internal projects
- Think through user flows and translate them to clean, consistent visual designs with intuitive user experiences
- Juggle projects with tight deadlines from different departments without compromise to design quality
- Own every aspect of the product design workflow–from ideation to production
- Work seamlessly in a cross-functional team setting and articulate next-step decisions, strategies, and designs regarding product design, usability, and brand identity
- Rapidly prototype and deliver multiple versions of a design to advance the company’s product portfolio
- Collaborate with web developers to ensure optimal user experience for end-users and work closely with the marketing team to create designs that meet business objectives
- Improve upon the current design and product development process
- Identify and analyze product specifications and implement user psychology principles to provide optimal product marketing strategies
- Ensure the creation and implementation of customized experiences for the digital user
- Produce high-quality solutions through flow diagrams, designs, storyboards, and site maps
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual/communication arts, human-computer interaction, or related field in marketing, business administration, or communications
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience as a graphic designer or a professional portfolio showcasing in-depth knowledge of graphic design, typography, layout, content writing, print design, web design, and/or package design
- Demonstrable experience designing marketing collateral using industry-standard graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Demonstrable experience designing and building products and features on native mobile and responsive web applications using industry-standard design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Invision
Other Preferable Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or minor in biology, molecular biology, genetics, microbiology, biochemistry, or a related field
- Previous experience in biotech, pharmaceutical, or medical device industries
- Skilled in copy and content writing
- UI/UX design experience
- Familiarity with interactive prototyping tools (e.g., Invision, Principle, Framer)
- Passion and in-depth knowledge of graphic design for print and digital media
- Strong design process that prioritizes company brand and identity and user experience for graphic and web design respectively
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with little supervision
- A natural and innovative problem solver with a heavy lean towards building elegant solutions
- Collaborative mindset that is open to feedback and discussion from members across different departments
- An eye for clean, thoughtful design as demonstrated through a portfolio of past works
- Strong verbal and written communication skills within the context of a cross-functional team environment
- Creative thinker with an eye for clean design and a strong lean towards user-centered design principles
- Solid understanding of the digital technology and print landscape and up-to-date knowledge on latest technology and consumer marketing trends
Inside Zymo Research
Zymo Research's core beliefs are based on innovation, quality, and customer service. These three paradigms are ingrained in their company culture. They believe their products are the most reliable and uphold to the highest standards of quality in the industry as evidenced by their ISO 9001 certification. They have also received Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices Award for Leadership in Epigenetics Product Quality.
To provide the most reliable, innovative, and valuable biomedical tools and services to our customers through research and strategic development.
To have a positive impact in the biomedical field and to contribute to the greater good of humanity.
" Treat others as you would like to be treated " . We strongly believe this principle dictates teamwork and open communication.
Zymo ResearchWhy Work Here?
Great benefits, free food, and a lot of opportunities for growth!
Larry Jia, M.D., founded Zymo Research Corporation in 1994. With humble beginnings, he started manufacturing the first DNA/RNA extraction and purification products for E. coli and yeast out of a garage in Orange, California. Today, Zymo Research is a multi-million dollar company with its headquarters based in Irvine, California. In addition to its California headquarters, Zymo Research has two international branches located in Freiburg, Germany and Beijing, China. The company's DNA and RNA extraction kits are used mainly by academic and biopharmaceutical scientists, who need to isolate and purify DNA/RNA from tissue, blood or serum samples. Zymo Research is also known for its epigenetics line of products used in DNA methylation detection and quantitation. They carved out a niche in this market by being an early adopter in the field of epigenetics and by offering a high-quality product. They are considered the leader in this market space. One of the keys to Zymo's success in the past 25 years has been their ability to listen to their customers and react quickly. Their tagline "The Beauty of Science is to Make Things Simple" is a mantra that is reflected in every one of their products. From epigenetics to RNA/DNA isolation, each product is designed to be both simple in use and robust in its performance. Inside Zymo Research Zymo Research's core beliefs are based on innovation, quality, and customer service. These three paradigms are ingrained in their company culture. They believe their products are the most reliable and uphold to the highest standards of quality in the industry as evidenced by their ISO 9001 certification. They have also received Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices Award for Leadership in Epigenetics Product Quality. OUR MISSION To provide the most reliable, innovative, and valuable biomedical tools and services to our customers through research and strategic development. OUR VISION To have a positive impact in the biomedical field and to contribute to the greater good of humanity. GOLDEN RULE " Treat others as you would like to be treated " . We strongly believe this principle dictates teamwork and open communication.
14762 Bentley CircleTustin, CA
Arts and Entertainment