Senior Network Engineer / Network Engineer/ Support Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Network Engineer will participate in the modernization, installation, and sustainment of PRT data center, networking, and storage environments, including a few client environments. Primarily in support of the administration, maintenance, and management of route/switch/virtualization/storage technologies.
The Engineer will be responsible for:
Designs, deploys, administers, and maintains enterprise networks, including servers, routers, switches, VPN appliances, firewalls, storage networks, remote access systems, and network management systems.
- Monitors network connectivity and ensure high-quality data transmission.
- Resolves complex interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms
- Configures communication media with routers, switches, firewalls, and other devices
- 50% travel with flexible /remote /hybrid /work from home availability
- M-F, core hours 8-5, occasional OT
- The resource will work out of home and travel to customer sites as required
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Unquenchable desire to learn new technologies
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Experienced installing, configuring, and administering Microsoft & Linux operating systems.
- Experienced with VMware and ProxMox VCP certification a plus
- Experienced installing and configuring network routers, switches, and security devices
- Experienced with SAN and NAS storage
- Able to perform physical installation and cabling of rack-mounted servers and switches.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Three plus years of experience with the following:
- Network design and implementation experience with any of the following: Cisco, Ericsson/Marconi, Juniper, Brocade technologies.
- Ability to configure routing protocols (BGP, OSPF), switching, load balancing, storage IP services, DNS, etc.
- Ability to analyze, design, and test network systems, including both local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN)
- Thorough understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Internet Protocol Security (IPSec), Virtual Private Network (VPN), HTTP, Secure Socket Shell (SSH), SSL, and DNS
- Ability to obtain Secret and/or TS clearance required
- CompTIA Security+ certification (or higher)
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- Direct experience with the following is a plus:
- Juniper MX, SRX, Mist
- Cisco Switches and routers
- Network Management System (NMS)
- Time-division multiplex over Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), ATM over MPLS, Ethernet over MPLS, and Circuit emulation over Packet-switched network, VxLANs.
- Crypto equipment
- VMware, ProxMox virtualization
- Ceph Storage
- Microsoft and Linux Servers
- Advanced certifications, such as:
- Cisco: CCNA, CCNP, or similar
- Juniper JNCIP, JNCIP-Cloud JNCIP-DC.
- VMware: VCP, VCAP, or similar
ZuluCare, LLCWhy Work Here?
ZuluCare provides a universal healthcare platform saving lives around the world.
AddressSan Diego, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at ZuluCare, LLC