Product Marketing Director
We are looking for a senior marketing professional who can roll-up their sleeves to help us scale our maturing EdTech business Learn@Forbes. This marketing leadership role is responsible for developing and executing marketing plans based on deep understanding of industry trends, customer insights and competitive analysis. Reporting to the COO, this position plans and executes marketing strategies that drive increased revenue at an allowable cost per acquisition (CPA) to deliver the expected business results. This includes guiding and implementing decisions on targeting, positioning, messaging, media management, and SEO.
- Lead effort to develop a cohesive marketing plan based on market conditions that will directly impact ROI.
- Provide overall strategic marketing direction including all media, database marketing, online/ email marketing, social media and SEO.
- Strategize with media agency on various campaigns that include Search, SEO, display, LinkedIn, Facebook custom audiences, geo-targeting, and remarketing to enhance business results.
- Analyze the effectiveness of marketing campaigns through ongoing reporting to find the strongest ROI opportunities.
- Identify optimization and improvement opportunities for website user experience to support campaigns.
- Analyze Google Analytics and other internal reports to give guidance on improving performance.
- Develop and leverage customer databases for targeted email campaigns employing customer profiling and message customization to drive acquisition, upselling and retention.
- Promote and manage social media campaigns.
- Evaluate and develop marketing and brand strategies that include defining target audiences, product positioning and requirements, points of differentiation and messaging.
- Direct and oversee creative activities including managing agency relationships.
- Develop, maintain and execute quarterly and annual marketing budget and calendars.
- 7-10 years marketing related experience (product marketing, field marketing, digital marketing or marketing communications), preferably with 5-7 years in a leadership position managing a team. The ideal candidate will have both agency and client side experience
- Experience and track record of success within entrepreneurial organizations.
- Direct experience managing agency relationships.
- Proven ability to craft, execute, track and report on integrated marketing plans and tactics.
- Financial services, ecommerce, or hospitality experience strongly recommended.
- Experience with subscription based business is highly desired.
- Experience in working with marketing automation tools/CRM systems
- Excellent organizational and communication
- Experience in social, content and digital marketing tactics
- Proven cross functional leadership skills
- Excellent presentation, writing and editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.