Park Service Associate (Custodian)
Performs duties associated with the upkeep, maintenance, care, beautification and minor repairs of ZNE’s parks and roadways. In addition, the Park Service Associate position requires cleaning Zoo grounds and buildings (all areas). These tasks require the ability to follow cleaning protocols, wear required Personal Protection Equipment and the ability to follow verbal and written instructions. The ability to work outside in changing weather conditions is a requirement. In addition, the ability to communicate in a professional manner to Zoo guests and employees is also a requirement of this position. The Park Service Associate position is subject to a change in work schedule based on operational and seasonal needs of the department. Must pass ZNE’s online driver’s test offered by ZNE’s liability insurance carrier.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform the cleaning and re-stocking of restroom facilities throughout the Zoo.
- Perform routine tours throughout the Zoo for trash collection purposes.
- Set-up and knock down function venues for Zoo events.
- The ability to shovel snow, sand walk way areas due to snow and ice accumulations.
- The ability to perform minor repairs and maintenance duties as needed.
- Attend company and departmental meetings in order to receive the required training, departmental and company wide information; which are important duties and responsibilities of the Park Service Associate position.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Effective November 14, 2021, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Maintains a good attendance record.
- Maintain a positive and professional work attitude.
- Must have the ability to communicate in written and verbal form in English.
- Must have a valid Massachusetts driver’s license in good standings.
- Must operate ZNE vehicles in compliance with all traffic laws inside and outside of the Zoo.
- Must be able to work a 40 hour 5 days a week schedule.
- Must be able to adjust work schedule for summer and winter operational and seasonal needs.
- Must be able to work overtime when needed.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Perform other job related duties as identified by your supervisor.
Preferred Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent level of education (GED).
- 1 year of custodial experience.
- Fluent in verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Prior work experience in a Not-for-Profit environment.
Zoo New EnglandStoneham, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.