Zoo Atlanta Job Description
Job Title: Rides and Attractions Attendant I
Reports to: Rides and Attractions Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: SeasonalJob Purpose: To provide a safe and enjoyable experience to Zoo Atlanta’s Members and guests on the Endangered Species Carousel, Safari Slide and rock wall ________________________________________________________
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of safety in the work area through staff training and implementation of safety protocols and procedures
- Outfit all participants in climbing harnesses and make the needed adjustments to fit their body (rock wall)
- Conduct participant pre-loading checks according to Zoo guidelines (rock wall)
- Complete a variety of paperwork correctly and with an emphasis on detail
- Assist Lead with inventory management
- Attend mandatory training
- Must be willing to work holidays, weekends and Zoo Atlanta events as needed
- Maintain positive working relationships and communication with all Zoo Atlanta staff
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Any other miscellaneous projects/assignment assigned by Zoo Atlanta’s Management Team.
- Safely and efficiently operate the Endangered Species Carousel, rock wall and Safari Slide
- 18 years or older
- Ability to understand and use a harness properly
- Comfortable being in close proximity to people of all ages and genders
- Must have at least 1 - 2 years’ experience in customer service
- Must be able to communicate clearly with a variety of visitors of diverse backgrounds
- Must be friendly, outgoing and approachable
- Must be able to multi-task and pay close attention to details
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with particular strength in Word and Excel. Experience working with databases desired
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Focus on providing an excellent guest experience
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment
- Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year; therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees to work some weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Possess excellent communications skills and willingness to interact positively with guests and zoo staff
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Capabilities to bend, stoop, climb and stand for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Most work will be outdoors in all kinds of weather; must also have ability to work in an office environment
- Ability to work in and manage crowds
- Ability to work with children of all ages
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
MISCELLANEOUS: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Smoke-free and
Drug-free Work Environment.