Role: Microsoft Senior Technologist
When it comes to IT solution providers, there are a lot of choices. But when it comes to providers with innovative and differentiating end-to-end service offerings, there’s really only one: Zones – First Choice for IT.TM
As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we’ve expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond – with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today’s top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners – Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more – to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification.
Zones nfrastructure, the Services Company of Zones, is a collaborative team of more than 700 technology architects, engineers, technicians, and specialists that designs, builds, and operates IT solutions. Our focus on insight, execution, and results has helped us become the First Choice for ITTM for many of today’s top brands.
At Zones, work is more than a job – it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you’re interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!
The Microsoft Senior Technologist is responsible for providing technical leadership and support within the Zones Microsoft Advanced Solution Center . The primary duties will include, but are not limited to: technical advisement and leadership of Microsoft O365 and Azure support personnel, troubleshooting and solving complex O365 and Azure infrastructure issues, and oversight of junior technical resources. Exceptional customer service skills and a drive to partner with the Zones team in achieving excellence for both internal and external customers are required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Microsoft Senior Technologist is primarily responsible for:
· Support customer base with:
o Troubleshooting and solving Office 365 and Azure administrative issues
o Troubleshooting and solving Active Directory, Exchange, SQL Server, DHCP, DNS, RDP infrastructure issue
o Escalating issues to specialized support teams
· Managing customer expectations and setting realistic timeframes
· Collaborating with Technology Team on improving best practices
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills
· 3-5 years hands-on infrastructure experience, including MS Exchange, Active Directory, Sharepoint, and Azure
· Familiarity and working knowledge of Windows platform
· Familiarity with creating and maintaining Virtual Machines
· Familiarity and some level of working knowledge of database platforms
· Familiarity and some level of working knowledge of programming languages such as Java, J2EE, J2SE, C++ and so forth
· Has experienced project failures and learned from them
· Excellent interpersonal and written & oral communication skills
· Strong team player and enjoys helping/supporting co-workers
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Capable of working independently
· Ability to work within tight schedules and budget
At Zones, we take great pride in offering a full spectrum of comprehensive, flexible benefit programs to our employees:
· Medical/dental/vision coverage
· 401(k) plan with matching provision
· Life insurance
· Paid vacation time
· Financial protection benefits
· Group discounts & perks
· Wellness programs
· And more
Zones is also proud to be a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Corporate Plus member of the Northwest MSDC (Minority Supplier Development Council), and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE) committed to diversity and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We offer employment and advancement opportunities to every applicant.
Come join our team. Let’s talk.