Active DoD Top Secret w/SCI clearance Security Clearance Required
- Full relocation expenses will be provided for outstation candidates
- Full expenses (every week flights + hotel + car) will be paid for outstation candidates for initial 3 months after which candidate will need to relocate AND even then, relocation expenses will be provided
- Position Description:
- Client is seeking an OpenStack Engineer knowledgeable in developing and managing large virtual environments utilizing Open Stack and Ceph applications to support bid efforts for U.S. Government cyber defense opportunity located in Augusta, GA.
- Must have at least 4 years' experience with OpenStack installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting
- Valid experience would include deploying OpenStack and being responsible for API functionality, scaling the deployment services themselves, troubleshooting python stack traces directly related to OpenStack core functionality that an end-user would never see, or interact with, and other similar task
- Must have at least 2 years' experience working large OpenStack deployments where kvm and/or qemu was used as the primary hypervisor. Large in this context is defined as a deployment that has at least 250 individual, physically compute nodes that run the nova-compute service AND a total physical core count of greater than 15,000 cores (not threads) on the aforementioned compute nodes.
- Core counts from other unrelated services such as storage or network devices do not qualify.
- In addition to physical hardware requirements, these large deployments should have consistently run more than 20,000 instances (on average) on a daily basis
- At least 2 years' experience with Ceph installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting. Valid experience would include deploying Ceph and being responsible for overall functionality, direct interaction with mons, and scaling mons, osds, mds', and mgr
- Must have at least 1 years' experience with managing and scaling the ancillary services that are required for a successful OpenStack deployment, including but not limited to: message queues, databases, caching daemons, and key-value stores. Experience with managing and scaling the services in this context means addressing both implementing/maintaining high-availability of the aforementioned ancillary service and scalability/performance of the aforementioned ancillary service
- Must have direct experience with the neutron ml2 mechanism and have experience with deploying at least two different neutron backends (e.g. linuxbridge, ovs, midonet, networking-ovn, NSX, etc.)
Zolon TechZolon Tech, Inc. (ZTI) is a fast-growing, 8(a) certified business providing Information Technology solutions and services to Federal and commercial clients. ZTI is CMMI Level 3, ITIL, and ISO 20000 certified and is a leader in the IT industry. Headquartered in Herndon- VA.