- The Equipment Support Specialist performs scheduled maintenance, repairs and troubleshoots branded analytical equipment and laboratory instruments to ensure Molecular Systems maintains and continuously improves its state of GMP compliance.
- The Equipment Support Specialist will perform these tasks according to standard operating procedures under minimal supervision in a demanding work environment to meet the needs of internal customers.
- Part of a customer service team that provides support with existing equipment, acquiring new equipment and transfer of equipment throughout the site.
- Calibrates / performs preventative maintenance on process and laboratory instrumentation/ Brand equipment.
- Meets all schedules for calibrations and preventative maintenance.
- Assists in troubleshooting and/or repairing of instrument or equipment problems.
- Exceptional technical writing ability, both handwritten and typed
- Ability to explain and describe (verbally and written/typed) all aspects of job responsibilities, including troubleshooting, repairs, maintenance and nonconformances
- Performs unscheduled calibration/preventive maintenance activities as needed to support owning departments.
- Assists in maintaining spare parts inventory required for performing calibrations/preventive maintenance
- Acts as lead or assists in maintaining service request TrackWise module
- Attends and participates in meetings that involve the companys corporate culture.
- Identifies and implements process improvements principles. Represents the area in project-based activities to support departmental goals.
- Conducts area investigations by writing evaluations to document non-conformance events when they occur.
- Keeps supervisor leader informed of equipment status, particularly of significant observations and results in critical areas.
- Performs work according to established internal SOPs, safety guidelines and regulations, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (i.e., OSHA, FDA).
- 1-2 years in medical device industry or similar GMP environment, preferably hands on experience with analytical equipment or laboratory instrument maintenance.
Zolon TechZolon Tech, Inc. (ZTI) is a fast-growing, 8(a) certified business providing Information Technology solutions and services to Federal and commercial clients. ZTI is CMMI Level 3, ITIL, and ISO 20000 certified and is a leader in the IT industry. Headquartered in Herndon- VA.