- PURPOSE: Responsible for communication and support of Broker Sales Staff, Broker-distribution, Direct Brokers and qualified General and Full Service Producers.
- The position will, primarily, serve as a coordinator for all Block Transfers, Broker of Record Transfers, Broker/Agent Agreement reviews, and Contracting and Compliance regulations within the established guidelines for both DC & MD locations.
- Position will also support the unit’s work related to the processing of paperwork to ensure agent licensing and appointment information is updated accurately for all Group and IMD business.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES - may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze documentation submitted by Broker, FSP, GP or Direct Broker to determine appropriate course of action.
- Focus on timely and accurate processing of all Broker of Record (BOR), Block Transfers and Broker/Agent Agreements for Group and IMD business.
- Analyze each Broker/Agent’s block of business to determine and identify all groups associated with the broker/agent.
- Coordinate with Benefit focus team in regards to 51-199 group business and other matters pertaining to electronic enrollment.
- Provides professional, accurate and timely responses to requests and or inquires from internal and external customers.
- Prepares and maintains unit worksheets to track and trend Transfers as required by unit supervisor.
- Responsibility includes data entry into various databases to assure accuracy and internal unit tracking of all such Transfer work and broker/agent agreement data.
- Independent analysis and critical thinking required in order to understand department financial repercussions if accuracy has not been attained.
- Prepares written correspondence for customers for all Transfers and maintain adherence to unit SOP’s.
- Responsible for updating broker data into no more forms appointment website; BOR/Block Transfer data into AI Tracking Log, Facets, BUC$ and MD mainframe system (ClIent) with all accounts going through a Broker, FSP, GP or Direct Broker.
- Update Account Manager, billing parameters and Billing Tech information on Facets and ClIent.
- Responsible for tracking and scanning all approved Broker/Agent Agreements.
- Responsible for verifying broker's health licenses and appointments within various State jurisdictions via their web sites.
- Approve agent E&O applications on MGA Insurance websites, and ensure all E&O certificates meet Risk management requirements.
- Research and conduct audit review of broker data for credentialing requirements for Broker Accounting to ensure accurate processing of broker commissions, and support certain aspects of the Broker Distribution Contracting responsibilities.
- Responsible for providing full ranges of support for Broker Sales Representatives on issues pertaining to their accounts.
- Responding to management-requested adhoc and routine reports to support Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Broker of Record Transfers, Block Transfers, Broker/Agent Agreement processing and agent licensing, insurance and appointment status.
- Point of contact for documentation verification required for various State audits and provides immediate feedback after completing review.
- Responsible for developing and documenting accurate and complete work flows and SOP’s, for the Contracting and Compliance and Transfers functions, including detailed coordination with counterpart.
- Be able to prioritizing multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Preferred minimum of 3 years combined experience in client and broker communication & interaction.
- Possess techniques to achieve exemplary customer service, good time management and training skills, and keen decision-making.
- Experience in utilizing and applying mainframe systems data, underwriting guidelines, jurisdiction/State-mandated legislation and regulations related to Small Group and Broker-related health ClIent marketing and sales.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of customer service environment experience is required and experience in health insurance/managed ClIent industry is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred, while professional experience will also be taken into consideration.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to interact effectively with people at different organizational levels both internally and externally
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and make decisions independently and in a team environment
- General-user knowledge of Client, Inc. mainframe systems and others as corporate growth requires.
- Intermediate skills with Client, Inc. supported PC-based software applications.
- General knowledge of Client, Inc. products and others as corporate growth requires.
- General knowledge of agent appointments, licensing and other related health insurance laws and regulations.
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented and problem solving skills are necessary.
- Punctuality and the ability to work in a fast pace environment are also required.