Reports To: Director of Operations
Core Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Interview, hire, evaluate, reward, and discipline FOH personnel and assist Chef with BOH employees, if needed.
- Orientate, motivate, train, and educate all FOH personnel in restaurant policies, procedures, and rules.
- Schedule appropriately for successful operation of the restaurant.
- Effectively supervise floor staff to ensure professional service and guest satisfaction during hours of operation.
- Oversee all FOH supplies and hard goods orders ensuring that the restaurant is stocked appropriately for the time of year and advise appropriate person on any ordering needs.
- Educate FOH personnel in product knowledge.
- Build rapport with restaurant guests and ensure an organic, enjoyable and memorable experience.
- Ensure that all restaurant signage is accurate and in keeping with the theme of Restaurant.
- Responsible for keeping all signage up to date.
- Conduct end of week inventories accurately and timely for beverage program.
- Responsible for accurately reporting payroll on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the end of night closeout and cash drop.
- Maintain the Aloha database with accurate items and prices.
- Maintain employee files.
- Perform all daily tasks as indicated on opening and closing checklists.
- Ultimately responsible for cleanliness and repair of Restaurant and office.
- Conduct weekly manager meetings.
- Work closely and with all management staff.
- Foster a culture in which customer satisfaction is the primary concern.
- Establish open lines of communication between FOH and BOH at all times.
- Establish role as a spokesperson for the restaurant within the community and with restaurant’s guests.
- Be entrepreneurial in all endeavors with a view to increasing sales and guest satisfaction.
- Maintain knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Ensure adherence to all budget line items.
- Maintain positive relationships with guests, vendors and staff, both FOH and BOH.
- Praise in public, criticize behind closed doors, give constructive feedback when appropriate.
- Constantly develop staff in food knowledge, beverage knowledge and service.
- Develop and maintain strong work relationships with all staff.
- Ensure proper purchasing levels, delivery and storage of beverage program for the entire restaurant.
- Oversee the weekly liquor, wine, beer & N/A Beverage inventory fluctuations to stay within +/-$500 Standards.
- Oversee physical menus and ensure accuracy.
- Oversee cleanliness of Bar, Liquor/Wine/Beer/N.A. beverage storage areas
- Work with sales team to adhere to all SOP’s for event functions.
- Communicate all special events, parties, and occupancy levels during the FOH meetings.
- Work with Group Sales Director to facilitate all groups.
- Utilize SOP for groups in restaurant dining room.
- Continue to work directly with group sales team to grow this segment of our business.
- Maintain acceptable RSR standards following budget on:
- Labor Cost
- Controllable Expenses
- General and Administrative Expenses
- Beverage Cost
- Accomplish all tasks and assignments as directed by the Director of Operations, COO or Richard Sandoval, in a timely manner, meeting deadlines as necessary.
- Improve and maintain management presence on the floor during service.
- Maintain a positive and healthy working environment for all staff FOH
- Maintain FOH staff turnover to a minimum.
- Reduce or eliminate written guest complaints.
- Maintain a 90% or higher over-all score on both the Bar and Dining Room Spotter’s Reports.
- Maintain and practice the “Open-Door” policy – open communication with staff.
- Enforce all house rules and policies – setting an example to all staff.
- Maintain acceptable RSR standards on:
- Upkeep and cleanliness of the restaurant
- Line up procedures, departmental meetings
- Inventory (Non-Food and Cutlery, Glassware, Flatware)
- Reduce glassware and flatware breakages
- Maintain management skills:
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities
- Be able to multi-task
- Responding to guest complaints expeditiously
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication with staff and guests
- Hiring; training and termination processes
- Employee relations – disciplining; socializing
- Maintain a high level of competence and confidence from all managers, directors and staff.
You can expect to have 2 days off and in return we expect a minimum 50-55 hour work week.
QUALIFICATIONS:Must have at least a high school diploma or GED. Previous F&B experience is required with at least 2 years of Assistant Manager experience or above. Must be able to work well under pressure and be self-motivated. Must have good organizational, time management and sales skills. Good communication skills—both written and verbal. Position requires sitting, handling, eye-hand coordination, walking, standing, stooping, and kneeling. This position may on occasion be required to assist with set up which may require the lifting, carrying, pulling or pushing of approximately 21—50 pounds.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.