- $16 to $18 Hourly
Facilities Maintenance staff oversee the upkeep and cleanliness of all the Zoar Outdoor property. Maintenance staff are expected to monitor maintenance needs as they become evident and either dealing with them or reporting them to the General Manager. Staff are required to address unexpected events or occurrences on the property whenever they may happen.
Maintenance staff will support the campground host to maintain a high level of cleanliness in the 11 cabin tents, 5 tent sites, and bathhouse, and remove trash each day. This position requires a flexible planner, good communication and being able to be a team player.
Responsibilities of the job include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as caretaker for the Zoar Outdoor property. This includes noting maintenance needs as they become evident and either dealing with them or reporting them to the General Manager, as well as dealing with unexpected events or occurrences on the property whenever they may happen.
- Leading the seasonal opening and winterizing of the cabin tents and campground. This includes the setting-up and taking down of cabin tents. Various landscaping tasks dealing with winter debris. Repairing and/or building of picnic tables.
- Managing the bathhouse facility which includes: Seasonal opening/closing. Creating cleaning checklists. Cleaning/resupplying the bathhouse each morning by 9 am. Checking the bathhouse each evening to see if it needs to be spruced up or resupplied.
- Emptying large trash cans at the campground shed deck into the dumpster daily and replacing trash can liners.
- Keeping the campsites, trails, zipline road clear of brush and leaves.
- Fall clean-up includes clearing leaves and debris from drainage and trail areas.
- Complete landscape projects as they arise including repairing steps, clearing brush.
- Assist in small construction projects around the facility including but not limited to repairing walkways and painting.
Ability to relate well to the public; dependable, well-organized, friendly, and professional; Able to work effectively with multiple supervisors; Able to balance and prioritize multiple requests; Willingness to flex and assist with other departments as needed; Ability to work outside in various weather conditions and walk up to campground without assistance. Basic knowledge of the use of various power tools and building maintenance.
Zoar Outdoor Adventure
7 Main StCharlemont, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.