Senior Network Operations Engineer
Ziply Fiber Everett, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Everyone deserves the best internet possible, and that’s the refreshingly great experience we’re creating at Ziply Fiber. We’re bringing fiber to more than one million homes and businesses across the broader Northwest. By pairing brilliantly fast internet with customer choice and control, we’re making it simple and easy for you to connect to the things that matter most to you. Ziply Fiber is based in Kirkland, Washington, providing communities across Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana with fiber internet in addition to streaming TV, privacy products, and phone service as well.
As a Senior Network Operations Engineer for the Commercial Customer Support Center, you will be tasked with ensuring Ziply’s enterprise and wholesale customers have the best network experience possible.
- Proactively respond to commercial customer repair tickets, from both internal peers and customers.
- Provide root cause analysis, to help mitigate future issues from occurring again.
- Test both Ethernet and TDM technologies for commercial customer circuits to assist in isolating customer issues. Proactively researching Wholesale carrier reports to determine underlying cause for various ethernet SLA failures: jitter, high latency, packet loss, and RTD.
- Perform daily chronic circuit investigations to determine and resolve repeat issues for customer services.
- Work with engineering teams for network augments, transport path changes & network grooms as required.
- Provide timely updates to customer inquiries by phone, email and online reporting.
- Proactively communicate to customers to ensure we are providing the best customer experience possible.
- Provide support on multiple types of products including Ethernet, VOIP, 911 and customer equipment.
- Work with engineering teams to drive recommended fixes to completion.
- Provide feedback and status report to both carriers and account management team.
- Perform daily validation of customer utilization reports and proactive monitoring.
- Configure devices for SNMP and Y1731 monitoring as needed.
- Perform daily audit of MTTR reporting for the CCSC team, proactively organize ticket reviews with teams when acute issues are discovered.
- Be an advocate of change when systemic issues are discovered.
- Dispatch field teams for issue resolution, working with third party carriers for last mile support, and internal engineering teams as required.
- Provide mentoring and coaching as needed to CCSC team to drive change and ensure overall team success.
- Participate in on-call schedule rotation.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
- Five years of experience providing end-to-end telecommunications support in a technical operations environment required.
- Experience with both Cisco and Juniper in a service provider environment required.
- Experience troubleshooting issues across multiple products; prefer experience with one or more of the following: Managed ELAN, EVPL, EIA/DIA and optical wavelength circuits.
- Direct experience with following transport technologies and services required: VOIP, TDM, SONET, CWDM/DWDM, PSAP, ISUP and SS7.
- Experience in voice switch provisioning/translations, specifically Metaswitch preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of troubleshooting transport issues across multiple products.
- Experience with one or more of the following preferred: T1, DS3, DWDM Coherent, ISUP and SS7 STP links.
- Direct experience with one or more of the following transport testing & validation methodologies required: RFC2544, MLT, Bert, OSA, and Y.1731.
- Experience working with customer premise equipment required.
- Experience with NIDS and IAD’s: Adtran, Canoga Perkins, RAD and Adva preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours and on call as needed.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and apply sound judgment and reasoning skills to a variety of situations, multi-task and collaborate effectively with other personnel to meet deadlines.
- Capable of identifying potential compliance problem areas early on, assessing alternate courses of corrective action and recommending satisfactory solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills, and familiarity with compliance concepts. Able to work within critical deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
Ziply Fiber recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce and strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. Ziply Fiber requires a drug test, background check, employment and education verification as conditions of employment. Ziply Fiber is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job-related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.
TechnologyView all jobs at Ziply Fiber