Union: CWA 7670
There’s a new fiber internet provider in the Pacific Northwest. We’re Ziply Fiber, and we’re building the most advanced fiber network with a refreshingly great customer experience for all that people will ever do in the online world. Join us today as a Sales & Service Tech.
What will you be doing?
The primary job responsibilities of the Sales & Services Tech are to engage and develop customer relationships and provide solutions to our customers through our products and services. All of our employees are ambassadors of Ziply Fiber within our communities.
The Sales & Services Tech may be assigned one or more duties. These duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Install and maintain inside wire for residential/business broadband (HSI/Video) service.
- Install Central Office and B-box junctions as required for broadband continuity, digital subscriber carriers and associated broadband equipment, such as DSLAMS (Digital subscriber line access multiplexer), Residential Gateways and HSI (High-Speed Interface) business class routers.
- Install an array of wireless home networking equipment. Other equipment will include FTTH (Fiber to the House).
- Requires the ability to use and understand automated Dispatch equipment (i.e. handheld terminals), read and understand broadband service orders and trouble tickets, and the use of appropriate broadband test equipment.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the business to include advances in technology, new skills and procedures, as well as participation in the company lead generation program through the promotion and sale of additional Ziply products and services during each customer contact.
- Communicate effectively and accurately on customer issues to eliminate repeat trouble calls.
- Mentor co-workers to expand knowledge, be self-motivated and display the ability to follow through on assignments in a timely manner.
- Effectively use preventive maintenance program by rebuilding aerial/buried/underground cables.
- Read and interpret Outside Plant drawings.
- Navigate web, set up Business/Residential computer(s) and demonstrate applications to customer.
- Effectively use Ziply’s internal programs and dispatch program to complete assignments.
- Support, install and repair company products and services.
- Fully understand and adhere to the 5-Step Peace of Mind Service Process.
- Responsible for promoting and selling the company’s products and services and participate in the company’s sales referral programs during their working hours.
- Understand and demonstrate basic telephone/broadband technology. Utilize test equipment to install products and isolate trouble effectively.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Five (5) years of experience in telecommunications installation and maintenance.
- Must complete Pole Climbing Certification (Individual cannot exceed 275 lbs).
- Must complete company provided training and provide ability to complete full installs for HSI and/or video
- Additional equipment certification/licensing/experience is a plus (i.e., Nortel, DMS10, Adtran, AFC/Tellabs, Calix, Go Digital, Acetelis, Pair Gain, Multiplexers, Seiscor/Pulsecom S24DU/COT, Fiber, Optics, etc.)
- Understand telephony knowledge.
- Understand different PC operating support systems.
- Able to work nights and weekends if applicable.
- Must have knowledge of the following Internet Protocol attributes:
- Current technologies
- Network troubleshooting diagnosis
- Telecommunications wiring color-code competency.
- Basic keyboard and software skills.
- Ability to walk, sit or stand for six hours at a time.
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ lbs frequently.
Education/ License Requirements:
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- State approved driver license for required vehicle(s).
Full requirements and working conditions are noted in the full job description.
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
Ziply Fiber recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce and strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. Ziply Fiber requires a drug test, background check, employment and education verification as conditions of employment. Ziply Fiber is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job-related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.
Why Work Here?Everyone deserves the best internet possible, and that’s the refreshingly great experience we’re creating at Ziply Fiber. We’re bringing fiber to more than one million homes and businesses across the broader Northwest. By pairing brilliantly fast internet with customer choice and control, we’re making it simple and easy for you to connect to the things that matter most to you. Ziply Fiber is based in Kirkland, Washington, providing communities across Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana with fiber internet in addition to streaming TV, privacy products, and phone service as well.
Ziply is a fast growing company with a dynamic and collaborative work environment.