Coos Bay, OR
- Expired: March 01, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Title: Fiber Installer
Union: IBEW 89
Last day for Internals is 1.29.23
$20 to $27 Hourly DOE
Comprehensive health benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401k, flexible spending account, paid sick leave and paid time off, quarterly performance bonus, training, career growth and education reimbursement programs.
Everyone deserves the best internet possible, and that\u2019s the refreshingly great experience we\u2019re creating at Ziply Fiber. We\u2019re bringing fiber to more than one million homes and businesses across the broader Northwest. By pairing brilliantly fast internet with customer choice and control, we\u2019re making it simple and easy for you to connect to the things that matter most to you. Ziply Fiber is based in Kirkland, Washington, providing communities across Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana with fiber internet in addition to streaming TV, privacy products, and phone service as well.
The Fiber Installer is responsible for engaging and developing customer relationships and providing solutions to our residential and small business customers through Ziply Fiber products and services. All our employees are ambassadors of Ziply Fiber within our communities. Experience is preferred but not required because we will train new employees so the position is ideal for someone who has the desire to learn the trade of fiber-based and equivalent services installation and maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Fiber Installer may be assigned one or more duties. These duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide a best-in-class customer experience and serve as an ambassador of Ziply Fiber within our communities.
- Understand and adhere to company safety protocols and policies.
- Install, maintain and repair fiber-based and equivalent services for connectivity (i) starting from and including the first physical aggregation point in the network where a port for a specific customer is assigned; (ii) to the multiport service terminal or equivalent connection point (MST); and (iii) from the MST to and in the premises for residences, multi-tenant environments and businesses ordering services that do not ordinarily require the skills of a Special Services Technician, including customer premises equipment.
- Understand and demonstrate basic voice and data uses and applications.
- Use and understand automated dispatch equipment (i.e., handheld terminals), and appropriate test equipment to verify proper installation and/or repair.
- Read and understand fiber and equivalent service orders and service calls.
- Adapt to changes in the business to include advances in technology, new skills, and procedures.
- Communicate effectively and accurately with customers to eliminate repeat service calls.
- Be self-motivated and follow through on assignments to completion in a timely manner.
- Read and interpret outside plant drawings for drop placement, customer service orders and repair tickets.
- Promote and create sales leads of the company\u2019s products and services, participate in the company\u2019s sales referral programs during assigned working hours.
- Complete company provided training.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Perform other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience supporting and interacting with customers preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in fiber data and voice installation and maintenance preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver's License and satisfactory driving record.
- Must complete a pre-employment drug screening.
- Additional certification, licensing or experience (e.g., hosted voice, ethernet, Fiber, Optics, flagging, CPR etc.) is a plus.
- Understand different PC operating systems.
- Telecommunications wiring color-code competency.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work nights and weekends, as well as on-call rotation as required.
- Ability to work aloft from heights..
- Ability to follow through projects to completion in a timely manner.
- Ability to remain calm in high stress situations and demonstrate good judgment.
- Basic keyboard and software skills.
- Good mathematics skills.
- Active listening, decision making and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and provide excellent customer service.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand road maps, discern street signs and address numbers.
- Ability to be unaffected by flashing lights and strobes.
- Ability to operate equipment to perform the essential functions of the job (i.e., splicing tools, test equipment, computer/laptop, phone and company vehicle.)
- Ability to drive on behalf of the company in a safe and responsible manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fiber Installer work involves driving a motor vehicle and must be able to regularly and safely perform all functions of operating a motor vehicle. Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary to frequently stand, walk, climb or sit for prolonged periods of time and regularly position oneself (i.e., bend, twist, reach, grasp, push, pull) to handle, lift and carry objects over 75 lbs.
The Fiber Installer will frequently work in cold or hot temperatures and at heights over 15 feet. Work occasionally will be in confined spaces (i.e., attics, crawl spaces, trenches) and involve moderate to high noise levels. The Fiber Installer will also work near power lines and electricity, as well as work and travel in inclement weather.
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
Ziply Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. Ziply Fiber will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job-related handicap or disability or any other legally protected status.
Ziply Fiber requires a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. Ziply Fiber may require a pre-employment drug screening.
Ziply Fiber is a drug free workplace.
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. This document in no way constitutes a contract of employment. Ziply Fiber reserves the right to modify job descriptions, policies or any other procedural documents at any time and for any reason without prior notice.
AddressCoos Bay, OR
TechnologyView all jobs at Ziply Fiber
Get fresh Fiber Industries jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.