There's a new fiber internet provider in the Pacific Northwest. We're Ziply Fiber, and we're building the most advanced fiber network with a refreshingly great customer experience for all that people will ever do in the online world. Join us today as a 911 Specialist.
What will you be doing?
- Primary point of 911 services contact to ensure the ongoing availability, integrity, and quality of Ziply Fiber 911 products and service delivery.
- Field and manage service issues, questions, and information requirements to appropriate work group(s) for resolution.
- Monitor 911 service impacting notifications and assist the 911 Contact Center in resolving customer issues and support service restoration.
- Educate Public Service Answering Point (PSAP) customers and stakeholders about 911 industry changes, technology trends and contingency planning. Position Ziply Fiber for sales opportunities.
- Maintain working knowledge of PSAP operations, technology developments, trends and issues impacting the 911 and emergency services industry.
- Maintain working knowledge of 911 network services, architecture, systems, consumer premise equipment (CPE) and ancillary components.
- Identify, position and support sales opportunities with the national and regional 911 sales team(s)
- Maintain awareness of specific Ziply Fiber contractual obligations to 911 authorities.
- Interface with Legal, Regulatory, and Public Relations/Media Relations Departments concerning litigation, network events/outages and 911 inquiries.
- Assist with internal work group(s) in developing of tariff revisions and assessment /selection of 911 products.
- Interface with Ziply Fiber channel partners, other service providers and third-parties to ensure successful service deployments and to resolve customer issues.
- Interface with all internal departments to resolve 911 problems reported by non-PSAP customers (residence and business clients).
- Act as customer liaison and advocate with Directors and Senior Leadership within Ziply Fiber as well as local and state policy makers and authorities.
- Act as subject matter expert and advising member of project teams for the following:
- PSAP / 9-1-1 System network architecture, operations, service parameters
- PSAP moves, adds, and changes
- Tandem /network rearrangements
- Major database rearrangements or replacements;
- Major technology upgrades by Ziply Fiber and other local companies; other items where warranted related to 911 service level quality.
- Notify 911 authorities / PSAPs of planned work and coordinate to accommodate PSAP requirements.
- Maintain availability to customers 24x7x365 with exception of vacation days and times arranged with agreement of management.
- 4+ years of relevant experience supporting 911 products and emergency communications services.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience using Motorola Vesta 911 system, certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of Basic 911, Enhanced 911, network architecture, database functionality and related operational components.
- Understanding of Next Generation 911 principles, network elements, IP technology and related components.
- Ability to effectively communicate with 911 governance authorities, Ziply Fiber departmental managers/technicians and Senior Leadership.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, facilitate and project manage 911 service-related requirements.
- Ability to provide support 7x24x365 to address and facilitate resolution of 911 service impacting and non-service impacting issues.
- Knowledge of Network design / translations, PSTN, VoIP, switching technologies
- Certifications: Emergency Number Professional (ENP), Registered Public Safety Leader (RPL), Project Management Professional (PMP), or Cisco / IT related certifications, strongly preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends, as well as on call.
- Ability to travel within the assigned service area.
Everyone deserves the best internet possible, and that's the refreshingly great experience we're creating at Ziply Fiber. We're bringing fiber to more than one million homes and businesses across the broader Northwest. By pairing brilliantly fast internet with customer choice and control, we're making it simple and easy for you to connect to the things that matter most to you. Ziply Fiber is based in Kirkland, Washington, providing communities across Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana with fiber internet in addition to streaming TV, privacy products, and phone service as well.
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
Ziply Fiber recognizes and strongly supports the benefits of a diverse workforce and strives to provide a culture that recognizes the unique contributions of each of our employees. Ziply Fiber requires a drug test, background check, employment and education verification as conditions of employment. Ziply Fiber is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and the presence of a non-job-related handicap or disability, or any other legally protected status.