ZipRecruiter San Francisco, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
*At present, due to COVID 19, all employees are working from home/remotely at this time.*
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects job seekers with millions of businesses of all sizes through innovative mobile app, web, and email services, as well as partnerships with the best job sites on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Summary of Job:
We are looking for an experienced VP, Creative to take the reins of our in-house Creative Group. The right candidate will lead and uplift a team of writers, designers and project managers, helping translate marketing objectives into creative strategies "” and spark ideas for multiple creative initiatives, performance campaigns, brand campaigns and programs for both B2C and B2B. You'll come equipped with the experience to rally the troops and build our presence across all channels, from social (paid and owned), audio, digital / web, direct mail, content, through sales collateral and more. Reporting to the SVP and Head of Marketing, you'll also partner closely with the Csuite and senior leaders across the org in marketing and product.
Your job will be to help our current team build creative and strategic capabilities that can compete with and partner with the best agencies out there, and add new team members that will address our growing creative needs. We'll look to you to foster excellence and consistency across our initiatives to drive meaningful engagement.
- Create great things "” Lead creative kick-offs, producing multiple conceptual directions, campaign assets, and retrospectives on project work.
- Drive performance in the process - ensure that we're testing multiple strong concepts and building performance over time
- Bring our brand vividly to life "“ Own it. Iterate it. Evolve it. Help expand our visual identity and brand voice across multi-channel campaigns. We need your work to be powerful enough to touch all areas of the consumer experience"”including owned digital content, paid media, social, web, sales support materials, direct mail and more.
- Be on point and on brief "” Drive and inspire concepts that meet and beat the brief. Then articulate and sell these concepts to business partners and senior leadership.
- Produce with excellence "” You'll oversee internal creative production and drive simpler, more eloquent creative solutions that are scalable.
- Build creative bench strength "”1) Elevate our current standards of our current Creative Services creative team 2) Manage and grow a team of top creative talent to expand our in-house capability to best-in-class level. 3) Curate a go-to bench of agency and freelance creative/production talent to supplement our busiest time periods.
- Collaborate within the Marketing Group "” You'll need to work closely to dovetail your projects with the efforts of our key marketing teams across performance marketing, product marketing, sales enablement, and others
- Build trust with our clients "” Meaning, the internal business verticals who commission our creative solutions to drive their businesses. You'll need to establish strong relationships with their leads, plus other key stakeholders, such as our Executive Leadership Team.
- Manage budgets, headcount, and timelines - all with the help of fantastic project managers on your team
- You've got depth. You will bring demonstrable experience (15 years+) in producing integrated advertising and marketing campaigns, and managing multiple creative teams
- You've done the agency thing. Agency creative leadership is required, with B2C and B2B initiatives under your belt. You've got 15+ years of experience and you're a holistic thinker with the ability to integrate the two.
- Your portfolio rocks. It's filled with case histories demonstrating your ability to lead concepting and production. Be able to show a diversity of ideas, and problem-solving for clients with integrated work leveraging both traditional (TV, radio, print) and digital (social media, content, and emerging platforms).
- You can tell a great story. Not just through your work but when selling your work. You're an exceptional presenter who inspires clients, senior management, and your team to follow you to the top of the hill. You can take complex problems or concepts and lay out solutions that are simple, concise, unexpected.
- You love a good brief. And hate a bad one. You're committed to helping your counterparts make them better. You believe strategy is part of the creative process and are invested in making it sharper, simpler, more inspired.
- You can turn up the volume. You've handled high-volume creative development and have managed multiple workstreams simultaneously. Be prepared to speak to your strengths about process, project management skills, and maintaining team spirit in clinch situations.
- You can clear the air. You bring clarity and consistency to the direction you give. You're up-front about what you expect from your teams. You can sharply communicate your strategic and creative vision to internal and external partners.
- You're unflappable. You can take a curveball and still knock it out of the park. A fast-paced environment doesn't faze you.
- You're a diplomat. You have the creative vision to set a high bar, a positive spirit that makes your ideas contagious, the tenaciousness to fight for what's right, and the empathy to make others feel heard and valued. You are not a push-over, but you're not bulldozer.
- You've got the basics. A Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Advertising, Design, English or a related field would be great. But your track record is what matters most. Marketplace experience is a plus
- You've got a big heart. You are opinionated and passionate. But you never demean or demotivate. You will bring a tone of can-do spirit, curiosity, empathy and humor that make your colleagues and direct-reports feel valued and happy to know you.
As part of our team you'll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
Privacy Notice Language:
- "For information about ZipRecruiter's processing of California job applicant personal data, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/california-job-applicant-privacy-notice"
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
ZipRecruiter is the fastest growing employment marketplace. We have helped over 1 million businesses and 100 million job seekers find their next perfect match through partnerships with the best job boards on the web, curated email alerts, award-winning mobile apps, and the world’s best search algorithm for jobs.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
Arts and Entertainment